Forum

Software: Keygroup outputs

Most Recent

written by: aaronw

Hi 0beron,

To do this first of all say:

"kgroup X hey"

"all output un set"

This un selects whichever outputs are currently active.

Then say:

"kgroup X hey"

"output X set"

Hope this helps,

Aaron and Dave

written by: 0beron

Mon, 15 Nov 2010 14:19:02 +0000 GMT

From the seminars I'm beginning to get a clearer picture of how eigenD is put together.

I've been wondering about keygroup outputs, ie the mechanism by which one keygroup can have multiple internal menus and connect to different instruments.

My question is, can the currently active keygroup outputs be selected using belcanto from another part of the system? For example is it possible to control which instrument kgroup 3 is playing from controls that stay permanently visible on kgroup 2? You can do this indirection with scales, since that is accomplished by sending a belcanto message to the relevant scaler, but can you do the same with instrument selection? Plumbing isn't the right answer, since that determines which outputs appear on a keygroup and where they point to. I just want something to select which one(s) are active (ie they would be lit green if you pressed the main mode key for their parent keygroup).

I suppose another way of phrasing this is 'is there a belcanto phrase that can do the equivalent of 'press keygroup mode key and select the cello on this keygroup over here that isn't the one I am making the request from' '... ?

written by: aaronw

Tue, 16 Nov 2010 16:36:24 +0000 GMT

Hi 0beron,

To do this first of all say:

"kgroup X hey"

"all output un set"

This un selects whichever outputs are currently active.

Then say:

"kgroup X hey"

"output X set"

Hope this helps,

Aaron and Dave

Please log in to join the discussions