Forum rss-feed

Forum

Software: Belcanto seminar 2

Most Recent

written by: geert

Hi 0beron,

This is now fixed in the 1.2.8-stable release that was just uploaded.

Have a good weekend,

Geert

written by: 0beron

Sun, 14 Nov 2010 08:59:51 +0000 GMT

I've been working through the second belcanto seminar in a attempt to make some new keygroups, and noticed something strange. If I try the following:

kgroup 99 hey
output 18 create
kgroup create
it to kgroup 70 name ify
kgroup 99 output 18 to kgroup 70 connect

then one of two things happens. If I have Alpha setup 3 loaded, then the command succeeds and the connection is made. If I start with Alpha 1 instead then it fails with the following error:
'Inappropriate arguments for the verb connect'

Why should the two setups behave differently?

Sun, 14 Nov 2010 10:23:52 +0000 GMT

Hi 0beron, the kgroup numbering isn't the same in the different Alpha setups since they essentially contains gradually more kgroups. You'll have to find the kgroup that corresponds to what you want to do. I didn't have the time to watch the seminar yet, if you tell my what you're trying to achieve I can help you out.

Take care,

Geert

Sun, 14 Nov 2010 16:03:43 +0000 GMT

Hi Geert, I am trying to replicate the process Dave lays out in the seminar, of creating a new split with a few keygroups and wiring them up to instruments. Dave starts from Alpha 3, but I wanted to start from Alpha 1 since it's smaller and faster to load, and then add one new split that had a new layout.

The only keygroup numbers involved in the short script I pasted above are 99 and 70. My understanding is that kgroup 99 should exist, and corresponds to the top level keygroup that contains the various splits and arrangers. This seems to be the case since when I run 'output 18 create', a new light appears in the row of splits, and selecting it with the main mode key shows a blank keyboard. kgroup 70 should not exist, and this is confirmed by the fact that when I run 'kgroup create', 'it to kgroup 70 name ify', this succeeds (I guess if kgroup 70 existed already it would cause an error).

So when I get to the last line 'kgroup 99 output 18 to kgroup 70 connect' I would expect this to work in both cases?

Fri, 19 Nov 2010 10:19:49 +0000 GMT

Any news on this? I'd like to fiddle with some new layouts, but I don't want to make setup #3 any larger than it already is.

Fri, 19 Nov 2010 12:05:57 +0000 GMT

Hi 0beron,

We're looking at it and should have a fix ready soon. I'll keep you posted.

Take care,

Geert

Fri, 19 Nov 2010 15:13:48 +0000 GMT

Hi 0beron,

This is now fixed in the 1.2.8-stable release that was just uploaded.

Have a good weekend,

Geert

Please log in to join the discussions