Forum rss-feed

Forum

Pico: Drum Loops & FX

Most Recent

written by: davidk

Hi Dunc,

You shouldn't have to switch modes to get the controllers to control the AU parameters, it should work from wherever you are. Its strange that its not working - its working for me - if you continue to have no luck can you send your setup to support@eigenlabs.com and Aaron will forward it on to me. You can find the setup in ~/library/eigenlabs/x.x.x/setups/.

The parameters aren't labelled because I forgot to label them! To label a parameter say eg. "drummer audio unit hey" "parameter 1 to strip controller name ify".

The drums in the Pico gadget show demo where done using FXpansion's GURU plugin. It is a great plugin; as well as being a set of drum pads you can easily drag samples on to, it also contains a step sequencer. You can trigger up to 24 different sequences using the Pico's keys. I'm then controlling the pitch of the samples using the roll of the keys, effectively changing the pitch of the loop without affecting the tempo.

Hope that helps,

Dave

written by: GoneCaving

Thu, 11 Nov 2010 15:30:53 +0000 GMT

Heya,
Thanks for posting the belcanto script (http://eigenlabs.com/wiki/Drummer_Inline_Effect/) for wiring the drummer to an inline effect. It works for me, but I'm not having much luck controlling the effect via any of the parameters (eg. via the strip controller). DO I need to switch modes for this to take effect?

Also, could someone provide a little more detail on the drum sections of the pico demo or the pico rendition of the gadget show theme. This doesn't look like the standard dummer controller via the metronome, ie start via metronome key, and selection of the loop from the drummer & metronome control. Are the drum loops using a sampler or AU?

And while I can't participate in the live seminars I am very much enjoying learning more about the instruments (dreams of owning an alpha!) and software. Keep 'em coming!

D

written by: aaronw

Fri, 12 Nov 2010 17:10:46 +0000 GMT

Hi D,

Dave is going to have a look at the script and will also post here how he did the drums for the Gadget show.

Regards

Aaron
Customer Support

written by: GoneCaving

Fri, 12 Nov 2010 20:31:34 +0000 GMT

Thanks Aaron. If it helps the configure of the fx doesn't show the names of the controls (strip, yaw, roll...) in the window just some numbers.

Dunc

written by: davidk

Tue, 16 Nov 2010 17:12:21 +0000 GMT

Hi Dunc,

You shouldn't have to switch modes to get the controllers to control the AU parameters, it should work from wherever you are. Its strange that its not working - its working for me - if you continue to have no luck can you send your setup to support@eigenlabs.com and Aaron will forward it on to me. You can find the setup in ~/library/eigenlabs/x.x.x/setups/.

The parameters aren't labelled because I forgot to label them! To label a parameter say eg. "drummer audio unit hey" "parameter 1 to strip controller name ify".

The drums in the Pico gadget show demo where done using FXpansion's GURU plugin. It is a great plugin; as well as being a set of drum pads you can easily drag samples on to, it also contains a step sequencer. You can trigger up to 24 different sequences using the Pico's keys. I'm then controlling the pitch of the samples using the roll of the keys, effectively changing the pitch of the loop without affecting the tempo.

Hope that helps,

Dave

Please log in to join the discussions