Forum rss-feed

Forum

Software: Issue with Downloading Software

Most Recent

written by: keyman

just my 2 cents.... Downloaded the WIndows Resource Installer (Complete Image) and EigenD 1.2.5-unstable (Windows)
no problem whatsoever... doing it in parts seems easier

keyman

written by: kd4lsy

Sun, 7 Nov 2010 18:33:16 +0000 GMT

Hello all. I'm having, as the title says, an issue with downloading the resource packages behind EigenD-unstable 1.2.5. It usually gets to maybe 500 mb into the download, and then stops (stating that it finished). I have tried downloading the various resource packages, they do the same.

Anyone know what may be causing this?

written by: aaronw

Mon, 8 Nov 2010 17:12:22 +0000 GMT

Hi kd4lsy,

Sorry your having this problem. I have just tried to download it myself and it came through OK. Is it the Mac or Windows version you are trying to download? Perhaps there is a problem with your connection? Are you experiencing the same with other downloads from different sites?

Do let me know how you get on.

Cheers

Aaron
Customer Services

Tue, 9 Nov 2010 01:33:33 +0000 GMT

Thanks for the reply.

I am attempting to download the Windows version. My connection usually works fine, but it is at a subpar speed-maximum I've personally seen it go is just below 200 KB/s (bytes). Generally, I do most of my downloading through torrents when available, and with larger files I believe I have this issue when using Firefox or Internet Explorer to download files. Normally, in these cases, it is only with larger files (300mb+). Usually if I try enough times it works, but it has been doing the same thing for a whole week now.

I believe this is caused by my connection being a bit jumpy, and there may be a time where I temporarily lose connection, being so sudden I don't notice, but I do not know a way to test this.

Tue, 9 Nov 2010 01:37:01 +0000 GMT

Thanks for the reply.

I am attempting to download the Windows version. My connection usually works fine, but it is at a subpar speed-maximum I've personally seen it go is just below 200 KB/s (bytes). Generally, I do most of my downloading through torrents when available, and with larger files the problem occurs when using Firefox or Internet Explorer to download them. Normally, in these cases, it is only with larger files (300mb+). Usually if I try enough times it works, but it has been doing the same thing for a whole week now.

I believe this is caused by my connection being a bit jumpy, and there may be a time where I temporarily lose connection, being so sudden I don't notice, but I do not know a way to test this.

Oops... looks like I double-posted.

written by: keyman

Tue, 9 Nov 2010 01:40:55 +0000 GMT

just my 2 cents.... Downloaded the WIndows Resource Installer (Complete Image) and EigenD 1.2.5-unstable (Windows)
no problem whatsoever... doing it in parts seems easier

keyman

Please log in to join the discussions