Forum rss-feed

Forum

Software: 1.2.5 Unstable - Thread

Most Recent

written by: geert

Hi 0beron,

I've been trying to reproduce your report of midi notes getting stuck or not triggering the first time. Could you send a bug report while running the setup that manifests this? I can't reproduce it here.

Thanks,

Geert

written by: carvingCode

Thu, 4 Nov 2010 22:01:47 +0000 GMT

Here's a thread to discuss the 1.2.5 Unstable release.

Thu, 4 Nov 2010 22:02:16 +0000 GMT

Nit: PDF docs list is as '1.2.4'.

Thu, 4 Nov 2010 22:23:39 +0000 GMT

ASIO. Yes! I can select ASIO and it's no longer a garbled mess. ASIO sounds so much better than DirectX.

The selection dialog is a welcome touch and a sign of things to come in the interface.

Nice work! Thanks.

written by: natcl

Fri, 5 Nov 2010 02:30:09 +0000 GMT

I can't seem to get midi into Live anymore with this version. I changed Null to Eigenlabs1, I seem to get the MIDI fine in Max, in Live I see the midi monitor indicator but nothings gets to the instruments...

written by: natcl

Fri, 5 Nov 2010 02:34:12 +0000 GMT

hmmm restarting eigend solved the problem !

written by: mikemilton

Sun, 7 Nov 2010 14:30:12 +0000 GMT

Just got to installing this one (MAC) ... Sampler 3 still defaults to sustaining all notes played. Is there an easy way to turn this off with belcanto?

Sun, 7 Nov 2010 14:33:51 +0000 GMT

Just got to installing this one (MAC) ... Alpha Sampler 3 still defaults to sustaining all notes played. Is there an easy way to turn this off with belcanto?

written by: keyman

Mon, 8 Nov 2010 04:31:18 +0000 GMT

Hi, Mike
To my understanding, there haven't been improvements to the setups ( on all instruments) and the behavior you're referring to ( sustaining notes ) is only present in ALPHA setup 3. Take a look at this topic Workbench where Jonh explains alot...

I did find a way to fix this... not easy to dive in belcanto a bit in "the dark" ( it takes a bit of "plumbing" around and it's harder cos sampler3 has 2 oscillators...)

I Leave a question, when changing setup's ( load alpha setup 2 and then setup 3) does EigenD crash? am I the only one?

regards
keyman

Mon, 8 Nov 2010 09:59:37 +0000 GMT

@keyman: I'll check or that crash asap and report back.

Mon, 8 Nov 2010 14:21:49 +0000 GMT

@KeyMan - findings:

- loaded Alpha2, tapped a few S1 / piano notes - that worked
- loaded Alpha 3, It loaded and ran but S3 sustains forever (no crash)
- loaded Alpha 2 again. The sustain kept sounding and only the metronome light lit up (no crash)
- loaded Alpha 1, sustain ended and it works fine. It actually loaded S3/CS default
- loaded Alpha 2, it loaded and works - also with the default instruments

Conclusions: I can't replicate the crash but Alpha 3, S3 clearly has an issue. Also, Alpha 3 does not load the default S3 sound (CS)

m

PS: how *did* you get the sustain to stop??

written by: keyman

Mon, 8 Nov 2010 15:59:04 +0000 GMT

@mikemilton

Hi, Mike...

Thanks for you're effort on the loading setup's, and with it demonstrate, that there's some problems, ( and I do have crashes between factory setups) but I want to be the last one, demanding attention on this, knowing about workbench is around the corner! and that's more important.

Sustaining notes...
Following all the seminars, and trying to understand EigenD, this works for me in setup 3( witch i mainly use). Don't kill the messenger...

empty join
plumber hey
left ahdsr 3 release input un connect
sampler 3 left ahdsr 3 hey
release to 0.0 set
plumber hey
right ahdsr 4 release input un connect
sampler 3 right ahdsr 4 hey
release to 0.0 set

regards
Keyman

Mon, 8 Nov 2010 16:37:40 +0000 GMT

Thanks. Interesting approach. I was barking up the (wrong) sustain tree

written by: 0beron

Wed, 10 Nov 2010 11:32:31 +0000 GMT

Tried 1.2.5 on Mac yesterday, and experienced some weird problems with the Native Instruments AUs (FM8 specifically). MIDI notes would seem to get stuck on as if the note off message never got through, and other times notes would fail to trigger first time as if the note on was being dropped. Went back to 1.1.19 and the problems goes away. Anyone else have problems like this with FM8, Kontakt etc?

written by: dkah

Mon, 15 Nov 2010 08:47:47 +0000 GMT

Love the audio settings panel.

written by: geert

Mon, 15 Nov 2010 15:04:04 +0000 GMT

Hi 0beron,

I've been trying to reproduce your report of midi notes getting stuck or not triggering the first time. Could you send a bug report while running the setup that manifests this? I can't reproduce it here.

Thanks,

Geert

Please log in to join the discussions