Forum rss-feed

Forum

Software: Messy audio issues [EigenD 1.2.5 on Windows 7 64bit]

Most Recent

written by: jim

Some cards only seem to work at certain buffer sizes, it's not always a question of smaller buffer -> more resources.

It's worth stabbing around with different buffer sizes to see if a particular size works.

jim
Eigenlabs

written by: paolofanin

Thu, 4 Nov 2010 21:45:34 +0000 GMT

I was really anticipating this release, hoping it would allow me to use the ASIO driver. Indeed, selecting it is a very simple matter now! However, using ASIO was not the solution to my issue, which is choppy audio rendering, as if my CPU couldn't handle the load the Eigenlabs-included instruments put on it. That's unlikely, as it's a 2.13ghz Core i3 processor, and I don't see how it would struggle with polyphony as low as a pair of notes.

What could be the cause of this issue? Is Eigenlabs aware of similar behaviour on the Windows version of EigenD? Either way, thanks for making progress on this platform as well.

Fri, 5 Nov 2010 09:21:35 +0000 GMT

Hi

Can you file me a bug report? I use a system a lot slower than that.
What kind of audio interface are you using?

jim
Eigenlabs

written by: 0beron

Fri, 5 Nov 2010 10:35:35 +0000 GMT

I've not seen the new 1.2.5 UI, but it's supposed to let you set the buffer size when using ASIO. If this is set very small it can cause choppy audio?

Fri, 5 Nov 2010 11:40:56 +0000 GMT

Some cards only seem to work at certain buffer sizes, it's not always a question of smaller buffer -> more resources.

It's worth stabbing around with different buffer sizes to see if a particular size works.

jim
Eigenlabs

Please log in to join the discussions