Forum rss-feed

Forum

Pico: Mouthpiece fail

Most Recent

written by: aaronw

HI Leo,

If you could drop me an email at support@eigenlabs.com with your delivery address I can get a new silver breath pipe sent out to you. We can also arrange collection of the old one at the same time.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers

Aaron
Customer Support

written by: limmyjimmy

Sat, 30 Oct 2010 20:01:00 +0100 BST

hello everyone!

this is my first post, i got my eigenharp pico nearly four days ago.
i instantly started playing, and got the hang of it pretty quick.
its a wonderful invention and i love playing it.

but there are some things that are bothering me quite a bit..

ill start with the worst, yesterday i noticed my mouthpiece being a little loose. it seemed like it slipped out a bit, and some kind of rubber-ish stuff started appearing on the part between tube and the... other thing on the mouthpiece which leads into the eigenharp.
i pushed it in softly hoping that this will stop. it did the first three-four times, but then the tube slipped out of this .. metal socket!
lordy lord! what ima gonna do now?
just push it in softly, again, and handle it more carefully (imagine yourself holding a newborn baby)

so i played on and it was absolutely amazing,as always. i finished my session and wanted to clean out the breathpipe, and it just ripped off! now im holding the long tube, with a little rubber tube sticking out of it, and the metal socket thats going into the pico in my hand.
the mouthpiece wont stay in its place anymore. its slipping out instantly and i cant play anything with it anymore.

what am i supposed to do?
i dont think i handled the pico hard enough so that something like this would happen that easily!
is it possible that this is somekind of factory-mistake thingy?

shall i just glue it or something or would that make things even worse?

please help me!

thanks in advance,
best regards,

leo

written by: john

Sun, 31 Oct 2010 09:09:41 +0000 GMT

Hi Leo

That's definitely a fault, please accept my apologies - it seems likely that the epoxy bond between the aluminium pipe and stainless steel manifold has failed. We do 100% test these bonds in manufacture and they are normally strong enough that you have to destroy the pipe to get them to crack but it seems as if one has failed despite this.

We'll be in touch on Monday (or you can call Aaron directly in customer services if that's easier) and get a new breath pipe out to you as asap. I'd love it of you could also send the failed one back so that we can see how it broke, it's nice when we can understand how these things happened and make sure that they don't again.

Is it silver, black or pink?

Once again, please accept my apologies at the interruption to your playing...

John

written by: limmyjimmy

Sun, 31 Oct 2010 21:26:08 +0000 GMT

hi john,

thanks for your quick response, and for being so dedicated to all of this.
i think your describing the problem mentioned above quite precisely.
things like this happen, and i couldnt be angry about it :)
everything else is really solid and put together really good, so besides of the breathpipe the pico makes a pretty realiable impression.

it would be great if you sent me a new breathpipe, and ill send the broken one back as soon as i get the replaced one. i dont wanna miss the breathpipe, a broken one is better than nothing, isnt it?

my pico is one of the silver kind :P

once again, thanks for the quick (mental) support and for making all of this possible.

best regards,
leo

written by: aaronw

Wed, 3 Nov 2010 11:02:23 +0000 GMT

HI Leo,

If you could drop me an email at support@eigenlabs.com with your delivery address I can get a new silver breath pipe sent out to you. We can also arrange collection of the old one at the same time.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers

Aaron
Customer Support

Please log in to join the discussions