Forum rss-feed

Forum

Software: Problem with Unstable Windows 1.2.3

Most Recent

written by: bl4cksun

Hi Jim,
Vista is the 64bit version and is upto date on all critcal and security patches. Plugged in to the usb ports was:
usb hub in the monitor which daisy chained to the keyboard and mouse
trackir 4.0 (head tracker)
some make of usb controller keyboard (with midi out port) possibly the x-board 25
external removable hard disk
2 usb cables that werent connected to the other end

The pico wasnt connected at the time of the install. As mentioned above, the keyboard/mouse died initially sometime after alchemy got installed as I was unable to confirm the authorisation for the what ever installs after that. Not sure if it is relevant but I couldnt find Alchemy listed in the add remove programs but the eigenlabs core and driver were listed (although that might not been what they were called - working from bad memory here! ).

Will hold off reinstalling until I hear some news about Vista support, didnt relalise it still wasnt under the new version, will stick with the macbook.

Tue, 26 Oct 2010 10:32:46 +0100 BST

I'd previously tried the older unstable release under Windows Vista 64bit and it sort of worked all be it with some distortion. Thought I'd try the newer version.

De-installed the older releases and driver, then after a reboot attempted to install the 1.2.3 install. During the install, think it was what ever gets installed after alchemy, I was unable to confirm it was ok to install the next step. My usb mouse and keyboard had stopped working. Had to power off the machine to recover.

I didnt have time to retry the install as I needed to get something else done, so plugged in a removable drive and a few seconds later (maybe 20) the mouse and keyboard died. Powering off the machine and repeating the process led to the same 'lock up'.

I gave up on the PC and went to bed muttering 'stupid bl**dy windows'. Will attempt tonight to remove the EigenD usb drivers and see if that stops the lock ups, just hope the keyboard and mouse remain operational long enough to carry this out.

Not sure if anyone else has seen this before but thought I'd give you the heads up. Assuming I can clean the machine up will try installing the unstable release again on Thursday once I have my internet radio show out the way. I'll post any further info on this thread.

cheers

Wed, 27 Oct 2010 12:12:05 +0100 BST

just a quick update, removing the usb driver software that installed with 1.2.3 fixed the issue with the usb keyboard and mouse dieing.

written by: jim

Wed, 27 Oct 2010 12:36:01 +0100 BST

Hi

Sorry about that. We will be giving Vista a bit more attention once we have something like a stable version out for Windows 7.

A few questions; Is your Vista install fully up to date and service-pack'ed?

Do you have any other devices plugged in via USB?

Was the Pico plugged in during the install?

jim
Eigenlabs

Wed, 27 Oct 2010 17:02:52 +0100 BST

Hi Jim,
Vista is the 64bit version and is upto date on all critcal and security patches. Plugged in to the usb ports was:
usb hub in the monitor which daisy chained to the keyboard and mouse
trackir 4.0 (head tracker)
some make of usb controller keyboard (with midi out port) possibly the x-board 25
external removable hard disk
2 usb cables that werent connected to the other end

The pico wasnt connected at the time of the install. As mentioned above, the keyboard/mouse died initially sometime after alchemy got installed as I was unable to confirm the authorisation for the what ever installs after that. Not sure if it is relevant but I couldnt find Alchemy listed in the add remove programs but the eigenlabs core and driver were listed (although that might not been what they were called - working from bad memory here! ).

Will hold off reinstalling until I hear some news about Vista support, didnt relalise it still wasnt under the new version, will stick with the macbook.

Please log in to join the discussions