Forum rss-feed

Forum

Pico: (Eigen) Harp guitar?

Most Recent

written by: markybuzz

Hi All

Anyone familiar with guitarists such as Andy Mcgee and Michael Hedges may have seen guitars that have a course of strings tuned to sympathetic pitches used for bass notes.

The first time i saw the pico a proverbial light bulb came on ....here is a hugely versatile device that looks superficially like a guitar neck. hmmm

So here is the plan. I want to make an attaching device for the pico that has a similar arrangement to the harp guitar mentioned before. It has to be removeable and safe for the finish on my guitar. I have some ideas to test, and some materials to source, but I hope to have something to show soon.

What do you think?....

written by: markybuzz

Mon, 25 Oct 2010 10:58:03 +0100 BST

Hi All

Anyone familiar with guitarists such as Andy Mcgee and Michael Hedges may have seen guitars that have a course of strings tuned to sympathetic pitches used for bass notes.

The first time i saw the pico a proverbial light bulb came on ....here is a hugely versatile device that looks superficially like a guitar neck. hmmm

So here is the plan. I want to make an attaching device for the pico that has a similar arrangement to the harp guitar mentioned before. It has to be removeable and safe for the finish on my guitar. I have some ideas to test, and some materials to source, but I hope to have something to show soon.

What do you think?....

Please log in to join the discussions