Forum rss-feed

Forum

Software: unstable 1.2.4 MAC observations etc

Most Recent

written by: mikemilton

Feel free... anything I can do to help is fine with me. I fully understand it is early days and the magnitude of the effort.

cheers, m

Sat, 23 Oct 2010 14:27:58 +0100 BST

I'm trying to run 1.2.4 unstable mac version with an alpha.

Upgraded setups did not work, so the following apply to Alpha 3 which I was trying to load to recreate my setups.

I've had several crashes (logs and bug reports submitted)
- clicking reopen at the crash reporter is problematic, click OK and relaunch from the dock

The audio out defaulted to internal (rather than where it had been set previously, digital out) - this can be set in the advanced mixer controls if it happens to you.

The sampler 1 - the piano sound worked fine.
Sampler 2 did not load
Sampler 3 sustains (I don't have a pedal attached, how the heck do I stop it?)

At this point I returned to my 1.1 platform

written by: john

Sat, 23 Oct 2010 14:42:55 +0100 BST

Hi Mike

Thanks for all the bug info. 1.2.4 is our first release which unites the Windows and Mac code lines as well as quite a few general changes so it really is 'Unstable' right now and all your reports are seriously appreciated, they help us to shake all the bugs out that our own testing couldn't find. There were a lot of changes to the audio output code to facilitate this, which are always fraught. Do you mind if we contact you if we can't reproduce your problems?

John

BTW, setup upgrades should work, I'll log that as another bug - any additional information you can supply would be great...

Sat, 23 Oct 2010 16:21:11 +0100 BST

Feel free... anything I can do to help is fine with me. I fully understand it is early days and the magnitude of the effort.

cheers, m

Please log in to join the discussions