Forum rss-feed

Forum

Pico: Breath pipe : Number of O rings

Most Recent

written by: natcl

Thanks, I contacted support and they took care of me !

Fri, 22 Oct 2010 18:35:46 +0100 BST

Hello,

I just noticed that the mouthpiece end of my Pico only has 1 rubber O ring. Is that normal ? I remember seeing 2 rings there the only time I removed the mouthpiece. Could it be stuck in the instrument or just lost ?

written by: mikemilton

Sat, 23 Oct 2010 17:35:28 +0100 BST

My Pico has two. Each is in a 'channel'. One near the end and the other near the root of the piece that extends into the Pico.

Cheers, m

Sat, 23 Oct 2010 17:50:37 +0100 BST

That's stange, I really wonder how I lost it... Hope I didn't swallow it... I mailed the distributor in Canada to see if they have spares...

written by: 0beron

Tue, 26 Oct 2010 10:01:50 +0100 BST

I find that after a while the O rings wear out, and that moving the mouthpiece on and off the breath pipe causes the rings to roll up or down the length of the pipe. Usually they stay in their channels, but sometimes they pop out and get caught which is how they slowly deteriorate, and it's possible that when removing the mouthpiece one of them rolled up the pipe and fell off the end. With my Alpha I was supplied a bag of spare O-rings - check the contents of the box your Pico came in, you might have the same?

written by: john

Tue, 26 Oct 2010 10:19:58 +0100 BST

We now sell these as spares directly here. Most of our dealers don't yet carry these items but can get them in for you.

John

Tue, 26 Oct 2010 15:03:45 +0100 BST

Thanks, I contacted support and they took care of me !

Please log in to join the discussions