Forum rss-feed

Forum

Software: 1.2.4 questions

Most Recent

written by: 0beron

I think you can do it by having two boxes in the Breath Pipe column of the routing matrix - click in the box in the row for the parameter you want to control by blowing, and then click and drag downwards in the box for the parameter you want to control by sucking. The value should fall, and then become negative (the box will go red). Those two together should achieve what you want?

written by: natcl

Fri, 22 Oct 2010 18:12:31 +0100 BST

Hello.

Just started playing with 1.2.4, I have a few questions.

The MIDI CC windows, is it only available for AU instruments or is it possible using it for the normal midi out ?

I noticed in the Release note document that there is a Breath Suck and Breath Blow parameter but it doesn't appear for me with the Pico, I only see Breath controller. Is that normal ?

Thanks !

written by: geert

Fri, 22 Oct 2010 21:28:17 +0100 BST

Hi,

It will also appear for midi out, the AU instruments are the first step.

The screen is from an Alpha setup, I'll have to look why it doesn't show on the Pico setup. I'll get back to you about that next week.

Take care,

Geert

Fri, 22 Oct 2010 21:29:27 +0100 BST

Thanks, have a nice weekend !

written by: keyman

Sat, 23 Oct 2010 04:55:44 +0100 BST

Hi..
Some really nice new features, this time!! I will have a busy weekend.
Any news about the Base Station physical MIDI IN/OUT fully working??

Keyman

Sat, 23 Oct 2010 07:59:47 +0100 BST

keyman said:
Hi..
Some really nice new features, this time!! I will have a busy weekend.
Any news about the Base Station physical MIDI IN/OUT fully working??
Keyman

Thanks! That's being worked on, can't say for sure what the status is but I'll ask next week to let you know.

Take care,

Geert

written by: john

Sat, 23 Oct 2010 10:00:42 +0100 BST

Just to add to Geert's comments - the Basestation Pro's MIDI in/out port hardware is partly done - the firmware part (ie the FPGA VHDL code) is complete and now awaits implementation of software on the host side. This is, like everything, a bit more fiddly than it seems and as it's in the drivers it takes a long time - lots of testing.

We do not currently have an ETA for this but will keep you posted. It won't be in the 1.2.X series though as we've closed out the feature list for this now, so probably in the 2.X series to come later in the year, early next year

John

written by: keyman

Sat, 23 Oct 2010 13:08:49 +0100 BST

Thanks, Geert and John... As always for detailed info on the problems.
At first was a little shocked realizing that there was no MIDI thru this ports, but we can't have it all at the same time.
Nonetheless loving every milisecond with my ALPHA!!!
Keep up the good work!

Keyman

written by: steveelbows

Sat, 23 Oct 2010 14:04:38 +0100 BST

geert said:
Hi,

It will also appear for midi out, the AU instruments are the first step.

Do you mean that it should work for midi out already, or that this is just the first step in Eigenlabs implementing this feature and we need to wait for a future release before it works with midi out?

Because I tried it today, and it doesnt have any effect on what is sent to midi out :(

written by: john

Sat, 23 Oct 2010 14:31:24 +0100 BST

Hi Steve

It means that we intend to unify the Eigenharp -> MIDI translation control between the AU/VST host and the hardware MIDI out soon, but it's not done yet. So you *will* get the same kind of routing and control matrix that AU/VST users already enjoy for the MIDI out but it's not done yet (and no, I don't have a formal ETA for you yet).

Don't worry, we haven't forgotten that you want this!

John

Sun, 24 Oct 2010 20:21:25 +0100 BST

Hi Steve,

John is totally right, we just decided to put the MIDI CC matrix on the AUs out before the weekend so that everyone can have a go with it already. I'll work on putting in on the Midi Outs next week. If everything goes fine we'll have a release with that in very soon.

Take care,

Geert

written by: steveelbows

Mon, 25 Oct 2010 08:25:04 +0100 BST

Hello,

Many thanks for the info, looking forward to it.

Cheers

written by: sam

Tue, 26 Oct 2010 10:48:37 +0100 BST

Hi natcl,

There is no separate breath suck parameter within the Pico Factory Setup. If you click within the parameter routing matrix to active the 'Breath controller' parameter, it will respond with values increasing with a positive breath input (blowing) as expected.

You can emulate the behaviour of the 'Breath Suck' parameter within the Pico setup by inverting the value shown within the parameter routing matrix for the Breath controller parameter (e.g. set the value to -1.0), which will respond with values increasing with a negative breath input (sucking).

If you need any more information please let me know.

Sam
Eigenlabs

Thu, 28 Oct 2010 05:24:36 +0100 BST

Thanks for the answer, so from what I understand, there is no way to use independant suck and blow values at the same time ?

written by: 0beron

Thu, 28 Oct 2010 09:55:27 +0100 BST

I think you can do it by having two boxes in the Breath Pipe column of the routing matrix - click in the box in the row for the parameter you want to control by blowing, and then click and drag downwards in the box for the parameter you want to control by sucking. The value should fall, and then become negative (the box will go red). Those two together should achieve what you want?

Please log in to join the discussions