Forum rss-feed

Forum

General Discussion: Key less sensitive than others.

Most Recent

written by: john

Ah, I see Aaron got there ahead of me!

written by: carvingCode

Fri, 22 Oct 2010 10:51:35 +0100 BST

On my Pico, key 5 is less sensitive than others. Similar pressure applied to it vs other keys results in lower volume. It's difficult to get an attack sound on some instruments. (I've tried using different fingers to apply pressure and see no difference in less sensitivity.)

Is this something which will clear up over time or something to be concerned about?

written by: aaronw

Mon, 25 Oct 2010 16:19:03 +0100 BST

Hi CarvingCode,

Sorry you are finding this, it would be helpful to know more about the key you are having trouble with.

Are you finding the problem with all the instruments? Is there any noticeable difference in this key to the others? For example is it at the same level as the others or harder to press? Is the key positioned central or is it slightly closer to the edge?

Please do post your findings here or drop me an email at support@eigenlabs.com

Regards

Aaron
Customer Support

Mon, 25 Oct 2010 16:23:16 +0100 BST

Hi

This should definitely not happen. We calibrate each individual key at the factory to ensure that they are equally sensitive, and this calibration is accurate enough that you should not be able to tell the difference with test equipment, never mind by ear.

If this problem seems to persist for you, please contact our customer services department directly, who will lead you through a couple of checks. If you have a faulty key, we will get this repaired for you immediately.

John

Mon, 25 Oct 2010 16:24:20 +0100 BST

Ah, I see Aaron got there ahead of me!

Please log in to join the discussions