Forum rss-feed

Forum

Pico: Eigenharp range demo - Youtube

Most Recent

written by: matspan

It seems that using channel 6 in the matrix works very well for the Audio unit instruments like Alchemy but not for the other instruments where, for example with the piano, the strip controller only appears able to control pitch bend even though the option is there to control other effects - but it's not something I'm going to chase.

To get the strip controller to control effects in different directions you have to give a negative value to one of the effects which you do as you said by dragging the mouse over the number.

Thanks again - it seems that with the Pico every day I learn a little more

Mon, 18 Oct 2010 09:40:44 +0100 BST

Hello,
I have just seen the Eigenharp range demo on Youtube and it raises more questions than answers. I think it would be really useful to have a complete description of the processes involved. for example with the Pico, how do you load the different drum sequences which you can then change the pitch of? And how do you load different effects for the strip controller which work in different directions?

Help with these questions would be gratefully received.

Mat

written by: steveelbows

Mon, 18 Oct 2010 15:05:12 +0100 BST

I might be barking up the wrong tree as I havent seen the youtube video yet, but have you seen Pico video tutorials 3 & 4?

Mon, 18 Oct 2010 15:38:07 +0100 BST

Thanks for your quick reply. I have seen the videos you mentioned a number of times, but I still don't know how to use the strip controller to control effects, I can add effects to the different instruments but I can't control these effects - watch the video if you get the chance as it's definitely worth a look youtube video
Again thanks for your help.

Mat

written by: steveelbows

Mon, 18 Oct 2010 18:33:15 +0100 BST

OK I watched the video now.

Not tried it myself but I expect that you will be able to tie controllers to effects parameters by using the matrix, in the same way that AU instrument plugins can have their parameters set to be controlled by different pico actions.

For example if I go to the Window menu in EigenD and pick an effect, I will see its interface. There is a configure button at the very top. Press it and a new window will appear with the controller matrix. Choose the box that corresponds to the effect parameter and the controller you want to tie together. Click the box you want. Hold the mouse button down and drag left or right to change the number that appears if you want more control over this stuff, and I suspect this is also used to have the strip behave differently depending on whether you are sliding it from top to bottom or bottom to top.

Mon, 18 Oct 2010 22:11:39 +0100 BST

Thanks very much for your help!!!

You appear to have hit the nail on the head using column 6 controls anything that is in the list. Again many thanks.

Tue, 19 Oct 2010 12:24:01 +0100 BST

It seems that using channel 6 in the matrix works very well for the Audio unit instruments like Alchemy but not for the other instruments where, for example with the piano, the strip controller only appears able to control pitch bend even though the option is there to control other effects - but it's not something I'm going to chase.

To get the strip controller to control effects in different directions you have to give a negative value to one of the effects which you do as you said by dragging the mouse over the number.

Thanks again - it seems that with the Pico every day I learn a little more

Please log in to join the discussions