Forum rss-feed

Forum

Alpha: What price progress?

Most Recent

written by: geert

Glad it's now working for you, Pat! :-)

written by: prstorms

Mon, 11 Oct 2010 08:19:30 +0100 BST

I was very excited to view the video about setting the interval between courses. I downloaded version 1.1.21 to get access to the Eigen Commander. So far so good. I typed in the script commands and shazam, it worked. I set an offset of 12 intervals between course 1 and 2, then 7 between the other courses. That allows me to control the Gofriller cello functions with course 1, and have the rest set as CGDA, just like on my cello. Easy! Unfortunately, when I attempted to open the Gofriller (from within Kontakt) via AU3, my system froze, requiring a hard reset. I tried to open Kontakt 3 and 4, both of which froze the system. I sent back to the stable release, 1.0.14, and Kontakt/Gofriller opened and worked just fine, but (of course) I don't have a way to set the courses from within 1.0.14. SO, I'm stuck. Can anyone advise me about how to set courses within 1.0.14? Plus, while I know each update can't necessarily work with every other bit of sound software known to man, it is important for you to know that whatever you "fixed" in 1.1.21, broke Kontakt. Thanks for your help!

Pat

written by: jim

Mon, 11 Oct 2010 15:51:00 +0100 BST

Hi Pat.

Sorry about your problems with Kontakt in 1.1.21. We'll look into this as a matter of priority over the next couple of days. Unfortunately, you can't set the courses in 1.0, you need 1.1 for that.

jim
Eigenlabs

Tue, 12 Oct 2010 11:08:16 +0100 BST

Hi Pat,

Could you provide me with more information about your computer system? The easiest is to send a bug report using EigenD 1.1.21 itself before the problematic behavior occurs.

I've tested a lot of Kontakt instruments myself and can't reproduce this issue, we'd like to track down what exactly the problem could be and reproduce it internally.

Have you tried using other Kontakt instruments? Which exact version of Kontakt are you using?

Thanks for the help,

Geert
Eigenlabs

Mon, 18 Oct 2010 16:41:05 +0100 BST

Geert,

Thanks for your help. I sent my config via email. With the Kontakt 4 update I can now open the instruments (Gofriller cello and the Kontakt instruments), but can't control them with the Eigenharp. Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Pat

Tue, 19 Oct 2010 06:19:46 +0100 BST

Hi Patrick,

I replied to your email yesterday, here is what I sent you:

What kind of Eigenharp are you using?

Your AU instrument might be set to polyphonic midi channel mode which sends notes on different midi channels to achieve more polyphony. This used to be the default behavior, but that has changed very recently. It's easy to change in you setup through the advanced AU configuration mode, but it's probably even easier to just load a clean factory setup fro 1.1.23-stable. The default midi channel there is channel 1.

Another idea that just crossed my mind, are you certain you load the AU in the instrument slot and not in the online FX slot? On the Tau and the Alpha these buttons are pretty close to each other and can easily be confused. If you load it on the online FX slot, you will not get sound when the AU is an instrument.

Let me know how it goes,

Geert

Wed, 27 Oct 2010 20:42:09 +0100 BST

Geert, I appreciate the ongoing help. I'm now using 1.1.23 with the latest version of Kontakt 4... still no joy with either the Gofriller or the Kontakt software instrument collection. I'm certain that I'm loading into the AU slot per the manual. As I said in my email, I can open Kontakt from within the EigenBrowser and can access the instruments, I just don't get any response when I tap the keys. All help appreciated. The Gofriller sounds WONDERFUL on the Eigenharp (old version of the software), but the course configuration options available in the EigenCommander will make this a truly wonderful software instrument to control... if I can get it to work!

Thanks,
Pat

Thu, 28 Oct 2010 09:09:07 +0100 BST

Hi Pat,

I'm sorry to hear that you're still having problems with Kontakt. Would you mind sending a bug report from within EigenD while you're running the setup that has Kontakt loaded. This will allow us to take a deeper look.

Also, did you try using Alchemy in the same AudioUnit slot? Does it work?

Thanks,

Geert

Fri, 29 Oct 2010 20:10:23 +0100 BST

I'll send the bug report. Alchemy worked fine in the AU slot (#3). I'll try it with 1.1.24 first, though.

Thanks,
Pat

Fri, 29 Oct 2010 21:26:10 +0100 BST

Eureka! No bug report needed. I don't know what you fixed between 1.1.23 and 1.1.24, but the new stable version did the trick. It works like a charm! Oh man the keys are PERFECT for triggering the cello vibrato and the portamento from note to note is so smooth. OK, now on to getting a volume pedal, configuring the courses, and getting some practice. Thanks, Geert and Eigenlabs... for whatever you did!

Sun, 31 Oct 2010 22:35:22 +0000 GMT

Glad it's now working for you, Pat! :-)

Please log in to join the discussions