Forum rss-feed

Forum

Alpha: Problem with setting scales

Most Recent

written by: mikemilton

I'm assuming that you are using the scale mode in the same keygroup and that it is either set to change that keygroup or, alternately, to be the global tonic and scale key.

Have a look at the bottom of page 12 in the alpha reference "A note about Scale and Tonic controls"

You might try using split 2 (the one with a small keygroup at the top), setting the top to scale and tonic control and to global. This can be quite convenient (it will then always be there and control the lower (and all other) keygroups. At a minimum this will save you a lot of switching while you are checking things out.

One handy thing is a setup with chromatic on split 1, Split 2 set up as described but the S&T control set to manage *only* the lower keygroup... this way you can have a nice large keygroup in any key you like (readily changed) at the came time you have access to the largest possible chromatic keyboard

m

written by: esperdiv

Thu, 23 Sep 2010 02:27:59 +0100 BST

I'm trying to assign one of the available scales in EigenD to a scale button on the harp.

I open the EigenBrowser on the computer
I hold the keygroup mode key and press on the advanced scale mode key
I choose a scale (the first and usually major scale)
I select a scale (let's say 'spanish')
Hold the mode key again
Select some AU instrument
Hold mode key again
Select scale
Make sure to be in the previous chosen scale

Notes aren't playing in that scale.

When I go back to the EigenBrowser (by first selecting advanced scale mode), I notice that the scale is set to 'phrygian major' which is not what I had selected before).

I've tested this in 1.1.11 and 1.1.19 and both versions have the behaviour listed above which makes me think this must be some kind of user error.

Can anyone see what I am doing wrong?

Thanks for any help.

written by: mikemilton

Thu, 23 Sep 2010 11:26:39 +0100 BST

I'm assuming that you are using the scale mode in the same keygroup and that it is either set to change that keygroup or, alternately, to be the global tonic and scale key.

Have a look at the bottom of page 12 in the alpha reference "A note about Scale and Tonic controls"

You might try using split 2 (the one with a small keygroup at the top), setting the top to scale and tonic control and to global. This can be quite convenient (it will then always be there and control the lower (and all other) keygroups. At a minimum this will save you a lot of switching while you are checking things out.

One handy thing is a setup with chromatic on split 1, Split 2 set up as described but the S&T control set to manage *only* the lower keygroup... this way you can have a nice large keygroup in any key you like (readily changed) at the came time you have access to the largest possible chromatic keyboard

m

Please log in to join the discussions