Forum rss-feed

Forum

Alpha: Plugging in the Alpha - What am I doing wrong?

Most Recent

written by: esperdiv

Thanks sam,

I'll be watching out for a fix from you guys.

Thu, 2 Sep 2010 12:43:40 +0100 BST

Hi everyone,

Here is my chain of actions when I want to play the Alpha:
1) Power the base station
2) Load EigenD (1.11 testing)
3) Plug Alpha into Base Station

At that point, the base station lights green. I wait and nothing happens. No lights come up on the Alpha, no key responds to touch.
I unplug the Alpha, wait a few seconds and plug it back in.
Sometimes this will do the trick. But most often, I have to load another profile for it to register anything on the Alpha.

What am I doing wrong in this chain of events? How do you plug in your Alpha?

Also, is it normal that the base of the alpha (in the back portion) is slightly warm after a play session?

written by: aaronw

Thu, 2 Sep 2010 15:44:48 +0100 BST

Hi Esperdiv,

Have you watched you the video tutorials and read the quick start guide? This explains the safest way to connect the Alpha. If you still have problems please log a bug report.

Kind Regards

Aaron
Customer Support

Sun, 5 Sep 2010 20:52:34 +0100 BST

Hi Aaron,

Watched the tutorial videos. However, they mostly explain plugging stuff in from a new installation perspective. (Insert USB stick, etc.).

When the software's already installed, what's the best chain of events?

written by: mikemilton

Sun, 5 Sep 2010 22:22:15 +0100 BST

FWIW, It does not seem that you are doing anything wrong. I've started up in just about all possible sequences and had no issues. In other words the sequence is not important.

DO send them a bug report. They are very responsive.

m

written by: Foveus

Sun, 12 Sep 2010 01:15:32 +0100 BST

I unfortunately have the same problems. I never seem to get the Alpha to light up appropriately on the first try. It typically requires either reloading the software or flipping the power switch on and off. I'm sure I have read in this forum that the sequence of starting the instrument and software is unimportant and it should 'boot up' regardless of whether the base station or the software was started first. This problem has occurred with every version of the software in the last 9 months or so. Do others have this problem or is it just esperdiv and me?

written by: sam

Mon, 13 Sep 2010 15:27:07 +0100 BST

Hi esperdiv and Foveus,

Thank you for your posts - we have this as a known bug and I will let you know when a fix is available.

Sam
Eigenlabs Software Department

Mon, 20 Sep 2010 19:59:44 +0100 BST

Thanks sam,

I'll be watching out for a fix from you guys.

Please log in to join the discussions