Forum rss-feed

Forum

Software: Win Xp support

Most Recent

written by: john

Dear Robert

Great to hear that you are enjoying your Pico. Windows XP is not currently supported, the current testing release for Windows is for Windows 7. We have been looking into supporting XP but at the moment this is looking less likely as Windows 7 (which is generally now considered to be a huge improvement on Vista and a lot more modern than XP) market share is growing so rapidly. Quite a few musicians seem to be transitioning directly from XP to 7, having avoided the not very good Vista completely. The main reason that XP is not supported is that it's audio output drivers are completely different from Vista and 7 and it will require considerable work to test and maintain them and it is not clear that this is worth the effort given how rapidly 7 is replacing XP now.

We have heard good reports of the stability of Windows 7, if you do have a go with it I would be very interested to hear your opinion of it.

Best regards

John

written by: robertsc

Fri, 20 Aug 2010 11:05:12 +0100 BST

Hi

I just received my Eigen Pico and was super excited to jam and now I'm starting to think I might never get it working. I'm running win xp cos as a musician I find my Daws and music software support is so much more reliable than windows & which I was running beginning of the year. Can anyone tell me if the current software (which I am downloading as I type) is compatible at all with Win Xp or if there will be software coming out soon... I am so keen to get this bad boy up and running but the more I read the more depressed I get about my chances...

written by: john

Fri, 20 Aug 2010 11:17:11 +0100 BST

Dear Robert

Great to hear that you are enjoying your Pico. Windows XP is not currently supported, the current testing release for Windows is for Windows 7. We have been looking into supporting XP but at the moment this is looking less likely as Windows 7 (which is generally now considered to be a huge improvement on Vista and a lot more modern than XP) market share is growing so rapidly. Quite a few musicians seem to be transitioning directly from XP to 7, having avoided the not very good Vista completely. The main reason that XP is not supported is that it's audio output drivers are completely different from Vista and 7 and it will require considerable work to test and maintain them and it is not clear that this is worth the effort given how rapidly 7 is replacing XP now.

We have heard good reports of the stability of Windows 7, if you do have a go with it I would be very interested to hear your opinion of it.

Best regards

John

Please log in to join the discussions