Forum rss-feed

Forum

Software: ASIO Support on Windows Unstable Release?

Most Recent

written by: aaronw

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your post and can you please log a bug report to help our software team look at the problem further. If we require any more information we will be in touch.

Kind Regards

Aaron
Customer Support

written by: shamharoth

Sat, 17 Jul 2010 09:09:54 +0100 BST

Hi all,
After months of lusting after the Alpha and waiting for Windows support I've finally taken the plunge and bought myself a pico to be going on with. I can honestly say that after just a few days it's got me more excited about music than I've been since I first picked up a sax nearly fifteen years ago. In particular, playing Native Instruments Komplete via the Pico is a revalation and gives me the level of control that I was hoping for when I bought an Akai EWI (which is now going on Ebay!)

For what's essentially an alpha software release I've been very impressed by how stable it is. However, I don't seem to be able to get anything to work via the ASIO drivers for my Focusrite Saffire LE. I can navigate, via the browser, to the audio settings, and there I see Windows Audio, DirectSound and ASIO, but when I change from WindowsAudio to ASIO everything crashes. The Browser hangs and all the lights on the Pico start to 'strobe'. If I unplug it and restart everything then it all works fine again, but only via WinAudio. I'm hoping that getting it working via ASIO will solve some of the pops and clicks that I get when playing.

Is this a known problem, or is this peculiar to my setup? If there's anything that I can do to help diagnose the issue then I'd be happy to help. Likewise, if Eigenlabs would rather this was a 'formal' support request then just let me know.

Cheers,
Mark.

written by: aaronw

Tue, 20 Jul 2010 15:59:38 +0100 BST

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your post and can you please log a bug report to help our software team look at the problem further. If we require any more information we will be in touch.

Kind Regards

Aaron
Customer Support

Please log in to join the discussions