Forum rss-feed

Forum

Help: Tau. Cello sound muted or not working

Most Recent

written by: focusaurus

So the next day the cello sound started working. I'm not sure what the problem was, but a few power cycles and quitting/starting EigenD a few times in the normal course of my use seems to have gotten it working. It's OK now. Thanks!

Fri, 16 Jul 2010 05:30:22 +0100 BST

My Tau just arrived today so I'm totally new, but I've figured out how to switch between splits and sounds. All the built-in sounds like piano, synth, clarinet, work except the cello doesn't. It's either muted or I'm not doing it right. I tried breath pipe and strip controller and no matter what when cello is selected I get no sound.

Any idea how to troubleshoot?

written by: 0beron

Fri, 16 Jul 2010 10:25:45 +0100 BST

Is it possible that the keygroup is in too high or low an octave? The clarinet sound sometimes won't work on my Alpha, but it's always because the octave is set too high for the physical model to sound. Not sure on where the octave keys are on the Tau though.

Congratulations on your new instrument - one of the first Tau users to post.

written by: aaronw

Fri, 16 Jul 2010 12:48:28 +0100 BST

Dear Focusaurus,

Thank you for your post and I'm sorry you have been having this problem with the cello.

The cello works in the same way as the clarinet in the amount of air needed to sound the instrument. The strip controller does require some practice to get a smooth bowing action but you should get some sound just by running your finger along the strip.

It could be possible, as 0beron suggested, that you are playing out of the cellos range of notes, however the cello should load in the correct range when it is first selected. Just to make sure in split 1 try selecting the cello and using the octave up/down keys (the very bottom 2 playing keys) and see if you get any sound.

Do let me know how you get on, if the problem does persists please can you log a bug report? This will initially help our software team track down the problem, if they require any more information I will be in touch.

If you have any questions please do get in contact with me on +44 (0)1392 823000 or email support@eigenlabs.com

Regards

Aaron
Customer Services

Fri, 16 Jul 2010 15:05:05 +0100 BST

Thanks for the tip. I've verified the octave up/down keys work on the other sounds. I can take the piano sound pretty much through the full range of audibility up until it just sounds like clicks. I set the range to where it should definitely overlap with the cello but still no luck. Clarinet is working fine with the breath pipe. Any other suggestions? Otherwise I'll log a bug report. Thanks!

written by: aaronw

Fri, 16 Jul 2010 15:28:02 +0100 BST

OK thanks for doing that, it narrows it down slightly.

The best thing to do now is to log a bug report.

We will keep you updated on our progress and contact you if we need any more information.

Regards

Aaron

Mon, 19 Jul 2010 14:29:11 +0100 BST

So the next day the cello sound started working. I'm not sure what the problem was, but a few power cycles and quitting/starting EigenD a few times in the normal course of my use seems to have gotten it working. It's OK now. Thanks!

Please log in to join the discussions