Forum rss-feed

Forum

Sounds: Tassman on sale

Most Recent

written by: filulilu

There are two things though that should be important especially for Eigenharp users.

1) No automation connections. It is controlled only through MIDI
2) Its legato has only high-note priority. Liquid free flowing legato needs last-note priority. This is only good if one wants to imitate an older hardware synth but for that it is also best to use a piano keyboard and not the Eigenharp.
If the ability of the Eigenharp for expressive performance is important to us, I don't think that this synth is the best choice.

Yorgos

written by: Lowdene

Tue, 13 Jul 2010 13:30:39 +0100 BST

Just in case anyone is interested, this venerable modular is on sale for $99 until the end of July. That's to me to be a bit of a bargain! Not the easiest synth to use but of particular interest to Eigenharp users is that it has a breath control module. On the Pico you need to remap CC17 to CC2, but other than that it works fine, though it's not always obvious how to optimally integrate the breath control module into some of the instruments (at least to me!), so some experimentation is required. The nice thing about Tassman is that it includes physical models in addition to other synthesis approaches and these can be combined together.

Regards, Nick

written by: filulilu

Tue, 13 Jul 2010 14:37:14 +0100 BST

There are two things though that should be important especially for Eigenharp users.

1) No automation connections. It is controlled only through MIDI
2) Its legato has only high-note priority. Liquid free flowing legato needs last-note priority. This is only good if one wants to imitate an older hardware synth but for that it is also best to use a piano keyboard and not the Eigenharp.
If the ability of the Eigenharp for expressive performance is important to us, I don't think that this synth is the best choice.

Yorgos

Please log in to join the discussions