Forum rss-feed

Forum

General Discussion: Online documentation review

Most Recent

written by: sam

Hi Geert,

Pedal calibration is at the top of my list at the moment!

Sam

Wed, 7 Jul 2010 14:02:13 +0100 BST

Hi all,

I am sure that you have noticed that we have been uploading a lot of documentation and content to our new wiki.

I have been reviewing the content we have available with a view to expanding on areas where little documentation is available, where questions are commonly asked or where many members of our community have a specific interest.

We are very interested to hear of any ideas that you may have about specific content that you would like to see on the wiki, or any areas that are already documented but you would like to know more.

I look forward to hearing from you all.

Sam
Eigenlabs Software Department

written by: geert

Wed, 7 Jul 2010 14:44:30 +0100 BST

Hi Sam,

Thanks a lot for your hard work, I'll try to make some time this week to give it a detailed read-through again and let you know about anything I think off.

Small remark about the scalers already, you currently list the belcanto phrase above the scaler list item text. This is obvious for the first one, but once you scroll down the page I intuitively thought the belcanto phrase came below the list item and lost quite some time wondering why things weren't working. This should probably be changed.

Take care,

Geert

Wed, 7 Jul 2010 14:52:50 +0100 BST

... I'm changing that ordering myself atm, forgot it was a wiki ;-)

Wed, 7 Jul 2010 14:57:40 +0100 BST

http://www.eigenlabs.com/wiki/Looking_after_your_Eigenharp/

is empty

Wed, 7 Jul 2010 15:23:47 +0100 BST

@Sam, I reworked the layout and some of the structure of http://www.eigenlabs.com/wiki/Factory_Alpha_1/

Do you think this is ok? If so, I'll apply that for the other setup descriptions also.

Wed, 7 Jul 2010 15:28:37 +0100 BST

Hi Geert,

It looks absolutely fine to me - if you find it easier to understand that way, then so much the better!

Sam

Wed, 7 Jul 2010 15:35:18 +0100 BST

Cool, will update the others like this then.

Wed, 7 Jul 2010 15:36:15 +0100 BST

Btw, I see that you've written 'Cello in many places with the single quote in front. I've been removing them but maybe there's a reason for it that I'm not aware of.

Wed, 7 Jul 2010 16:03:32 +0100 BST

@Sam, something that's missing is a step-by-step guide about how to get the pedals working with EigenD. Everyone that has tried to do this has really struggled with it.

written by: john

Wed, 7 Jul 2010 16:06:25 +0100 BST

Hi Geert

'Cello is a correct way to spell it in English as its short for Violincello (big violin in Italian) and an apostrophe on the front indicates the contraction. Sam is usually correct on these sorts of things. I worry about him sometimes.

You need to be careful deleting those apostrophes or the grammar nazis will come and get you!

John

Wed, 7 Jul 2010 16:09:48 +0100 BST

ROTFL!!! I'll put it all back as it should be then, don't want the grammar nazis to trample all over my lawn :-)

Wed, 7 Jul 2010 16:12:36 +0100 BST

Done ... right on time, I could already hear them marching in the distance!

Wed, 7 Jul 2010 17:01:52 +0100 BST

Hi Geert,

Pedal calibration is at the top of my list at the moment!

Sam

Please log in to join the discussions