Forum rss-feed

Forum

Software: Issue with polyKB AU Synth plugin hosted in eigenD

Most Recent

written by: sam

Hi 0beron,

This is a general problem with text boxes in 1.1.* release branch - it is not plug-in specific.

I hope this is not causing too much of an issue, and will notify you when we have a fix.

Sam
Eigenlabs Software Department

written by: barnone

Mon, 5 Jul 2010 19:44:45 +0100 BST

I know a few of you have checked out this plugin from

http://www.xils-lab.com/ called polyKB

It's a wonderful sounding synth that plays well with the eigenharp.

I have a strange issue though that only happens when the plug is hosted within eigenD. Wondering whether anyone else has seen similar.

Basically, I am not able to edit patch names. Clicking in an edit box makes it go black and it seems to be read-only.

If however I host the plugin in Ableton Live, I am able to edit patch names.

Can anyone reproduce?

written by: mikemilton

Mon, 5 Jul 2010 21:10:01 +0100 BST

You might have been thinking of me and I was actually quite interested in this AU. However, after 3 attempts to buy it and zero interest in support from them to resolve whatever the issue was I simply gave up.

too bad, really

written by: 0beron

Mon, 5 Jul 2010 21:38:51 +0100 BST

I have trouble with all the text boxes in Omnisphere and Trilian, but only in the newer GUIed EigenDs. Just out of interest, can you try polyKB with eigenD 1.0.* and see if there's still a problem?

Tue, 6 Jul 2010 05:47:58 +0100 BST

Interesting...I'll try to repro this in Trillian too.

Tue, 6 Jul 2010 10:28:13 +0100 BST

Hi all,

Thank you for all your ever informative posts and bug reports. I have logged this text editing issue as a bug and will keep you posted as to our progress on this matter.

Sam

Tue, 6 Jul 2010 15:24:35 +0100 BST

Thanks Sam. Hope you had a great vacation and are well rested.

I wake up this morning to find responses to this bug on both XILS forum and also Eigenlabs forum. Both companies have communicated on the issue already and XILS has linked to this thread and already talked to Sam. That is fantastic work and high praise to everyone.

Thanks so much.

@mikemilton
Not sure what happened with your support with XILS, but maybe try again or a different channel. Try the forum.

written by: 0beron

Tue, 6 Jul 2010 16:12:07 +0100 BST

So is this an issue specific to polyKB, or a general text box bug in EigenD 1.1.* ?

It could be that my spectrasonics plugins are old - I deliberately didn't update them since the newer version have cocoa guis and older EigenDs wouldn't host them.

Tue, 6 Jul 2010 16:23:19 +0100 BST

Hi 0beron,

This is a general problem with text boxes in 1.1.* release branch - it is not plug-in specific.

I hope this is not causing too much of an issue, and will notify you when we have a fix.

Sam

Please log in to join the discussions