Forum rss-feed

Forum

General Discussion: We have an interesting job available

written by: john

Just in case anyone is interested (and I know that there are a number of software engineers amongst you) we have a Senior Developer position just come up - it would be great to fill it with an Eigenharp player, so please take a look:

Eigenlabs Careers

John

written by: john

Thu, 1 Jul 2010 12:12:18 +0100 BST

Just in case anyone is interested (and I know that there are a number of software engineers amongst you) we have a Senior Developer position just come up - it would be great to fill it with an Eigenharp player, so please take a look:

Eigenlabs Careers

John

written by: 0beron

Thu, 1 Jul 2010 12:23:52 +0100 BST

I don't think my set of programming skills match up with your needs, but it's good to know that soon there might be another pair of hands on board to work on EigenD.

written by: geert

Thu, 1 Jul 2010 12:55:38 +0100 BST

Looking quite interesting, though I think it's been too long since I dabbled in C++. Java has pretty much taken up all my time for the past 10 years. So even though it's quite an alluring position, like 0beron I don't think my current skill set falls in the right area. Shame.

written by: 0beron

Thu, 1 Jul 2010 13:22:43 +0100 BST

I code C++ only when I can't avoid it, and in a style that was in use in 1993. I don't have much experience at all of multithreaded environments or realtime systems. Besides which I've hardly developed anything on Mac (I bought my first mac with the Alpha in mind...). I do know python however and am very pleased it is the tool of choice within eigenlabs for the non-realtime parts of the system. One of those languages where you can write much larger than normal chunks of code in one sitting and have it work first time.

Maybe once some of us have messed around with the internals of the open source eigenD we can gen up to the point where we might be of some use. I anticipate quite a severe learning curve!

written by: Tenebrous

Fri, 2 Jul 2010 00:43:17 +0100 BST

Goodness me... dream job!

written by: geert

Thu, 1 Jul 2010 23:54:13 +0100 BST

Fri, 2 Jul 2010 12:48:03 +0100 BST

written by: barnone

Fri, 2 Jul 2010 01:24:06 +0100 BST

I have everyones contact information and you have mine. So if anyone ends up doing this...there will be no more complaining and we will know who to call. ;)

Fri, 2 Jul 2010 13:09:51 +0100 BST

Good point barnone... that's certainly a downside... lol

written by: catoro

Mon, 5 Jul 2010 10:29:34 +0100 BST

Nice one!!!

That would make a very interesting Job!!!

Cheers

Carlos

Please log in to join the discussions