Forum rss-feed

Forum

Pico: Pico playaround

Most Recent

written by: jptreen

Excellent! I just didn't want to get used to a particular way of using them that I might never be able to re-create with a different pico.

Still really enjoying my experience with the pico...it's a great little thing!

Wed, 30 Jun 2010 00:12:50 +0100 BST

Hi all, received my brand new pico last week and all I can say is that I'm very happy with it indeed - even though I only have a PC and am dealing with the 'unstable' windows release...

Great thanks to all the folks at eigenlabs, the instrument really works the ways I had hoped it would. Very interesting stuff.

My only query, not having another pico to hand to test it against - the strip controller is far less sensitive than the keys, requiring a firm positive press to have any effect. Is this intentional or do I have a faulty unit?

It's not a problem for me, I'd just like to be sure - the strip controller doesn't quite seem of the same design ethos as the rest of the unit..

Seriously though, great instrument.

written by: 0beron

Wed, 30 Jun 2010 07:26:36 +0100 BST

Hello and welcome - glad to hear you are enjoying a new Pico.

The strip controllers are based on technology bought in by eigenlabs, not designed themselves, and they need quite a firm pressure to make them work. This has come up before so it sounds like your Pico isn't faulty.

Wed, 30 Jun 2010 09:40:12 +0100 BST

Excellent! I just didn't want to get used to a particular way of using them that I might never be able to re-create with a different pico.

Still really enjoying my experience with the pico...it's a great little thing!

Please log in to join the discussions