Forum rss-feed

Forum

Software: Which scaler is which?

Most Recent

written by: filulilu

Thank you Sam

For the time being I use a workaround with a Reaktor plugin i made, which is not so elegant, but it works.

Yorgos

written by: Tenebrous

Sun, 27 Jun 2010 23:00:23 +0100 BST

Hey all,

Sorry if this is documented somewhere, but I couldn't find it! I'd like to know which scaler is connected to which instrument in the Alpha factory setups (although it might not make a difference which setup because they all have the same instruments).

In setup 2, it appears that scaler 8 is AU rig 1...

Thanks in advance!
T

written by: 0beron

Mon, 28 Jun 2010 00:49:34 +0100 BST

Yeah, this has been on my mind as well. Usually i just send octave switch messages to each one in turn until I hear the difference in the one I want to change, then set the octave back and make my edits.

We made a start on a list on the eigenzone wiki, but I think only the Pico's scalers are listed.

Mon, 28 Jun 2010 12:57:15 +0100 BST

0beron, that's exactly what I did to find scaler 8 -> AU rig 1, by trial and error. I had Tonehammer's Emotional Piano loaded and I was pitch bending it like crazy by mistake.

written by: john

Mon, 28 Jun 2010 13:52:55 +0100 BST

Sam is on holiday ths week, but I'll ask him to document the Scaler numbers for the Factory Setup when he gets back....

John

Mon, 28 Jun 2010 14:21:44 +0100 BST

John,

Thanks, that'd be really helpful :)

Tene.

written by: sam

Mon, 5 Jul 2010 14:51:50 +0100 BST

Hi all,

As promised, I have uploaded a list of the Scaler Agent numbers for the instruments within the Pico and Alpha Factory Setups to the wiki: Factory Pico 1 and Factory Alpha 1, 2 and 3

In addition I will be adding more specific Agent information like this to the Factory Setup Descriptions (found here) in the near future.

Any more suggestions are always welcome.

Sam
Eigenlabs Software Department

written by: geert

Mon, 5 Jul 2010 16:28:08 +0100 BST

Thanks Sam, that's very helpful!

Mon, 5 Jul 2010 17:42:43 +0100 BST

Now that we know which scaler is which I decided to try and reverse the action of pitch bend, to make a note sharper when I push a key up.

I typed in eigencommander the following:

scaler 9 listen
k pitch bend input to -1 set

but it doesn't work. It seems that eigencommander doesn't like negative numbers although k pitch bend is supposed to accept values from -1 to 1

Yorgos

Mon, 5 Jul 2010 18:33:42 +0100 BST

@Sam - Thanks very much! Hope you had a nice holiday :)

@Yorgos - I believe you need a space after the minus sign, since '-' is a single belcanto word:

scaler 9 listen
k pitch bend input to - 1 set

Hope this helps!

Tue, 6 Jul 2010 17:17:11 +0100 BST

Hi all,

I have added more information about the Agents used in the Factory Setups descriptions here.

Tenebrous is correct - when typing a minus sign in the EigenCommander, you need a space before and after it as it is a separate Belcanto word.

Sam

written by: mikemilton

Tue, 6 Jul 2010 19:17:23 +0100 BST

This is really, really helpful. Thanks so much

Wed, 7 Jul 2010 15:58:09 +0100 BST

Thank you Tene and Sam

EigenCommander did accept the script as you corrected me but nothing happened.
Maybe I misunderstood the role of "K Pitch Bend input". I thought that it multiplies the values that come from upstream by -1, 0 or 1 and in that way I could reverse, or cancel, the action of pitch bend.

Yorgos

Wed, 7 Jul 2010 16:52:30 +0100 BST

Hi Yorgos,

The static value of a Port ('K Pitch Bend input" in this case), which is the value that you set when using the command "k pitch bend input to - 1 set", only takes effect when there is no connection to that Port. As you may be aware the Roll Output Port of the upstream Recorder is currently connected to the K Pitch Bend Input Port on the Scaler, therefore assigning key pitch bend to key roll as opposed to responding to the static value.

Adjustment to the range or turning off of key pitch bend can be done by adjusting the value of the 'K Bend Range Input' Port on the Scaler. This sets the value (in semitones) of pitch bend in each direction, so setting it to '0' will effectively turn it off.

The reversing and other manipulation of signals as you describe above is commonly done within EigenD by the Ranger Agent. This does involve the making and breaking of Belcanto connections, as well as the creation of new Agents, which is not currently documented.

Please do let us know if you have any other questions.

Sam

Wed, 7 Jul 2010 17:08:31 +0100 BST

Thank you Sam

For the time being I use a workaround with a Reaktor plugin i made, which is not so elegant, but it works.

Yorgos

Please log in to join the discussions