Forum rss-feed

Forum

Software: Belcanto connections

Most Recent

written by: 0beron

I've been trying some more belcanto experiments along the lines of 'this thing over here output to this other thing over here connect do it prettyplease', and have got _one_ of them to work. Sort of. Borrowing from the script on the wiki that connects the scroll keys to the eigencommander, I came up with:

'all join' <- this is crucial, seems to bring everything into the conversation so that all parts of the system can 'hear' you.
'alpha keyboard k 1 yaw output to audio unit 1 modwheel input connect'.

This seems to have some effect, although it effectively hardwires the top left key to the audio unit, regardless of what else is mapped to the keyboard.

I then tried to get all the yaw outputs from a given keygroup to go to an AU input port, but discovered that the keygroup agent only seems to have input ports, and not outputs? This would suggest that I don't really know what I'm doing (which is certainly true :D ).
I suppose that this kind of connection really ought to be controlled by other talkers in the system, so that it can be established and then broken when the AU is selected as an instrument. Also it should probably be made between different levels of the system, say between a keygroup and the AUs associated scaler, or its associated rig agent or something?

I know this is repeating a request made elsewhere already, and that I should really wait for the workbench...

written by: 0beron

Tue, 15 Jun 2010 10:44:27 +0100 BST

I've been trying some more belcanto experiments along the lines of 'this thing over here output to this other thing over here connect do it prettyplease', and have got _one_ of them to work. Sort of. Borrowing from the script on the wiki that connects the scroll keys to the eigencommander, I came up with:

'all join' <- this is crucial, seems to bring everything into the conversation so that all parts of the system can 'hear' you.
'alpha keyboard k 1 yaw output to audio unit 1 modwheel input connect'.

This seems to have some effect, although it effectively hardwires the top left key to the audio unit, regardless of what else is mapped to the keyboard.

I then tried to get all the yaw outputs from a given keygroup to go to an AU input port, but discovered that the keygroup agent only seems to have input ports, and not outputs? This would suggest that I don't really know what I'm doing (which is certainly true :D ).
I suppose that this kind of connection really ought to be controlled by other talkers in the system, so that it can be established and then broken when the AU is selected as an instrument. Also it should probably be made between different levels of the system, say between a keygroup and the AUs associated scaler, or its associated rig agent or something?

I know this is repeating a request made elsewhere already, and that I should really wait for the workbench...

Please log in to join the discussions