Forum rss-feed

Forum

Software: Win EigenD - Alpha?

Most Recent

written by: Tenebrous

Hey there John, thanks for your reply.

As I don't actually have a mic for the Alpha, and have yet to use headphone socket, I'd definitely be interested in the Win7 for Alpha version minus the headphone & mic :)

Thanks,
T

Mon, 14 Jun 2010 10:01:32 +0100 BST

Hi all,

Any plans for when a Win 7 version that supports the Alpha will be available?

I asked in the "EigenD 1.2.0-unstable Windows Release available for download" thread... but I'll ask here too :) ...

Thanks very much,
T

written by: john

Mon, 14 Jun 2010 11:06:30 +0100 BST

Hi Tene

We have this in the pipeline but it's not massively urgent for us. The main driver is actually the Tau (because of it's lower price point) which is part way there as it also has the headphone output (which is the reason that we don't have EigenD for the Alpha on Windows as yet), although the additional microphone input on the Alpha requires quite a bit more work. Its all about the high speed data channels on the USB connection - these are always rather fraught and in the case of the headphone also involve sample rate conversion which is never trivial.

It's possible that we'll make a release that includes the Alpha for Windows but missing the headphone and microphone to start with, if people are interested.

John

Mon, 14 Jun 2010 12:00:53 +0100 BST

Hey there John, thanks for your reply.

As I don't actually have a mic for the Alpha, and have yet to use headphone socket, I'd definitely be interested in the Win7 for Alpha version minus the headphone & mic :)

Thanks,
T

Please log in to join the discussions