Forum rss-feed

Forum

Pico: Windows 7 - lite download option?

Most Recent

written by: sam

HI all,

Thank you all for your interest in trying our Windows software.

We are looking into producing a lite download version for the next unstable Windows release - I will keep you posted.

Sam
Eigenlabs Software Department

written by: benjamind2008

Sun, 30 May 2010 05:18:06 +0100 BST

I've heard that there is a Windows 7 beta around, but I heard that the download was over 3GB.

That is just far too big for me, my download allowance is only 3gb/month on wireless internet, and my download speeds aren't crash hot either.

Would it be possible for Eigenlabs to have the option of a lite download without all those samples included. I think 350mb would be much easier to cope with than 3GB+.

Anyone agree with me?

Ben

written by: Tenebrous

Sun, 30 May 2010 13:50:46 +0100 BST

I might be able to help get you up and running this weekend 'til Eigenlabs get back on Tuesday (bank holiday on Monday in the UK!).

I can probably strip out the larger SFs if this would help, i.e. the piano, and the drum loops. Please be aware that this would be totally unofficial, so to be honest I'd rather you got a response from Eigenlabs themselves.

Drop me a line, tenebrous at hotmail dot co dot uk, if you need any help.

written by: john

Thu, 3 Jun 2010 17:37:23 +0100 BST

We are planning to make the media and software separate downloads at some point soon, but it's not likely to happen in the next couple of weeks. The media (mostly very large Soundfonts - the Piano is 2G alone) comprises nearly all of a complete install. You would still need all these files though, in order to run the Factory Setup, and making that load satisfactorily when they are not there is one of the fiddly things holding up separating them out. The eventual idea is to have the media available on the USB stick as a separate install as it rarely changes.

We'll try to keep you posted as to progress with this.

John

written by: Quixotic7

Sat, 17 Jul 2010 00:06:07 +0100 BST

I'm down to download the Windows beta, but I can't now download it. For some reason, every time I try to download, it completely crashes my internet connection. Are there any mirrors?

written by: jptreen

Tue, 20 Jul 2010 22:53:39 +0100 BST

I also found it difficult to download, and after giving up on straight http through the browser using a download accelerator garbled my first couple of attempts.

I think an ftp option for downloads would be useful. Right tool for the job and all that.

written by: sam

Wed, 21 Jul 2010 16:19:39 +0100 BST

HI all,

Thank you all for your interest in trying our Windows software.

We are looking into producing a lite download version for the next unstable Windows release - I will keep you posted.

Sam
Eigenlabs Software Department

Please log in to join the discussions