Forum rss-feed

Forum

Software: EigenD install / Plugin scanner window appears behind

Most Recent

written by: sam

Hi all,

Thanks as ever for your detailed and informative posts - we are aware of all the issues now and aimed to fix them as soon as we can.

I will keep you posted here.

Sam
Eigenlabs Software Department

written by: Tenebrous

Fri, 28 May 2010 09:24:19 +0100 BST

As per the title really ;) I noticed this has happened when installing any of the EigenD 1.1.x, the plugin scanner window pops up but it's behind the "Install EigenD" window.

A couple of times I've left the install to finish not realising the scanner window was behind waiting for me to press 'Scan'.

written by: falvesjr

Thu, 15 Jul 2010 15:25:07 +0100 BST

I noticed this today as I was installing x.1.7. I had left the installation to complete on its own, but after returning an hour later, it still just sat there incomplete... Moving the main installer window, I noticed that behind it the plugin scanner was waiting for me to press the scan button... Now that I know about it, it won't get me again, but this should probably be fixed in a future release.

-Fernando

written by: barnone

Thu, 15 Jul 2010 05:01:09 +0100 BST

All the eigenD windows have focusing issues. I realize they are in separate processes which makes it harder but it would be much nicer if they focused properly.

Obviously progress bars and the like should be modal, not modeless. They should be tied to their parent UI. The action can still happen in a separate thread rather than separate process. Having lots of small loosely couple UI processes is really annoying. Sorry but it is and it creates these usability headaches.

Consider this, using the eigenharp to open a VST/AU UI window for example is the same as doing this action with a mouse. If we are expected to use the harp, then why do we need to use the harp, then hunt around with the mouse to find the hidden process and window and focus it?

So the focusing should also work like this and EigenBrowser should focus in front, then the VST/AU UI should focus in front of that. The plugin windows should really be modal to EigenBrowser if that is the parent of the plugin.

written by: sam

Mon, 19 Jul 2010 11:34:22 +0100 BST

Hi all,

Thanks as ever for your detailed and informative posts - we are aware of all the issues now and aimed to fix them as soon as we can.

I will keep you posted here.

Sam
Eigenlabs Software Department

Please log in to join the discussions