Forum rss-feed

Forum

Alpha: Keygroup's record key

Most Recent

written by: Tenebrous

Agreed Mike, unplay still has to be seperate. However I think they are intending to do more work on this unplaying mechanism with regards to managing multiple takes of the same instrument, although of course I might be wrong.

And yeah the recordings are by instrument... you can see this in Alpha Setup 3 if you're in Split 5. Set the lowest keygroup to show you the scheduler, and if you record when you have 2 instruments selected, you see two new takes appear in the scheduler (i.e. two new buttons turn green).

Wed, 26 May 2010 11:22:38 +0100 BST

Hello again :)

Especially thinking about new players (i.e, myself, lol), I think it would be great if the keygroup's record key LED went RED when the the selected instrument's recorder is armed.

Thanks,
Tene

written by: mikemilton

Wed, 26 May 2010 11:54:34 +0100 BST

+1 While we are at it, can it pulse the tempo (red then green when recording, perhaps yellow for the last measure?)

Wed, 26 May 2010 15:01:30 +0100 BST

I like the pulsing idea. Theoretically it means you could turn off *all* the drummer & clicker sounds when recording (at the moment you always have to have a sound playing so you can keep time when recording).

written by: barnone

Wed, 26 May 2010 16:17:34 +0100 BST

I totally agree!! It needs to at least go red when armed.

++++1

Wed, 26 May 2010 22:35:23 +0100 BST

If the LED toggled too, then it'd probably make sense to make the Arm button a toggle (i.e. press once to arm it, press again to un-arm it), rather than having an associated Cancel button to un-arm it.

written by: mikemilton

Thu, 27 May 2010 19:09:55 +0100 BST

I think there is a (worthwhile) distinction between "cancel" and "unplay". I don't care if pressing an armed record button disarms it (if it also flashes so the state is unambiguous) but I think it is more usable to have a separate unplay button (which btw might well flash to sow it is playing.

I'm not too sure how this works if multiple keygroups are playing the same instrument. (recordings are by instrument not keygroup, right??)

Thu, 27 May 2010 19:19:59 +0100 BST

Agreed Mike, unplay still has to be seperate. However I think they are intending to do more work on this unplaying mechanism with regards to managing multiple takes of the same instrument, although of course I might be wrong.

And yeah the recordings are by instrument... you can see this in Alpha Setup 3 if you're in Split 5. Set the lowest keygroup to show you the scheduler, and if you record when you have 2 instruments selected, you see two new takes appear in the scheduler (i.e. two new buttons turn green).

Please log in to join the discussions