Forum rss-feed

Forum

General Discussion: On Upgrading Alchemy

Most Recent

written by: Tenebrous

@John, @ilovehateoregon - Yeah, the locking mechanism caught me out the first time too :)

@geert - that 20% rebate is nice, hope they offer to me if I ask for it too :)

written by: mikemilton

Sat, 15 May 2010 12:53:55 +0100 BST

Has anyone done this?

I'm interested to know if upgrading implies that eigenD will just happily go forward running the full version or if it defaults to the player only in the factory presets.

I'm hoping that the upgrade is simply an unlock code or something painless like that.

m

written by: mikemilton

Sat, 15 May 2010 14:34:54 +0100 BST

This is Alchemy's answer:

"The full version of Alchemy and Alchemy Player are mutually exclusive, or in other words only one can be installed on your system at a time.

If you update to the full version of Alchemy, it will replace the Player version. All of your projects will continue to function as before, with the advanced interface available to edit presets or create your own.

Any EigenD software updates should warn you if the full version of Alchemy is installed, and allow you to skip the Player installation." (my italics).

Any one know if "should" can be replaced with "does"?

m

written by: Ilovehateoregon

Wed, 30 Jun 2010 01:12:47 +0100 BST

ANYONE know how to properly disconnect the Eigenharp? I'm talking about from the docking station and from my Tau not the Mac. Any help would be appreciated and if you could call me directly that would be better. 541-954-7617 -Bryan (US. Portland, OR)

written by: geert

Wed, 30 Jun 2010 11:53:16 +0100 BST

If you upgrade Alchemy, further EigenD installs ignore the Alchemy player and leave it alone. I confirm that this is the case. FWIW, Camel Audio doesn't offer an upgrade from the player, but I contacted them directly and through email they were willing to give me a 20% rebate on the full version. Might be interesting for others to know about this.

written by: john

Wed, 30 Jun 2010 12:13:42 +0100 BST

Hi Ilovehateoregon

I'm assuming you are asking how to disconnect the connectors on the Tau and Basestation from the Eigenharp cable. These connectors do lock to prevent accidental connection. If you hold the connector by its sleeve (rather than the wire) and pull gently you should find that the sleeve slides back and unlocks the locking teeth, then the connector should disconnect easily. This is the same locking mechanism used on quite a variety of newer high spec data and audio connections and its often confusing the first time you meet it. Someone from Eigenlabs will try and give you a call later (I doubt its a civilised hour right now in Portland) and check that you're ok with it..

For those asking about Alchemy, Geert is quite correct, future installs of EigenD will leave your full version of Alchemy intact if you've purchased it (it's a great purchase by the way - a very good product).

Best regards

John

written by: Tenebrous

Wed, 30 Jun 2010 14:27:03 +0100 BST

@John, @ilovehateoregon - Yeah, the locking mechanism caught me out the first time too :)

@geert - that 20% rebate is nice, hope they offer to me if I ask for it too :)

Please log in to join the discussions