Forum rss-feed

Forum

Alpha: BOSS FV-500L

Most Recent

written by: john

Hi Yorgos, Mike

The pedal in and outs on the back of the Basestation Pro are designed to emulate an audio source, so that you can use any volume pedal, within reason, with them. It actually sounds as if Yorgos is doing the right thing, and there may be another problem, although Mike is quite correct, you do need to calibrate the pedals as most pedals vary wildly in their endpoints. Yorgos, could you give Aaron a call in customer services on Tuesday? He'll try to help you get this working. For your information, there have been a couple of reports of a software problem with the current Testing releases and pedals as well so it's quite possibly something out of your control, ie; our fault...

John

written by: filulilu

Sat, 1 May 2010 15:34:39 +0100 BST

I try to connect a BOSS FV-500L pedal to the Alpha base station with no success. It seems so simple but I can't make it work. I use 1/4" mono plug cables. I connect the "to input" jack of the Alpha to the "input 1" jack of the pedal and the same with the "output" jacks. Isn't it all that is needed?

Yorgos

written by: mikemilton

Sat, 1 May 2010 20:12:32 +0100 BST

I think you are trying to use the 500l as an expression pedal and need to use the 'EXP' connection on the back. You may also need to calibrate the pedal (advanced controls pg13 in the reference)

The in and out jacks allow the pedal to attenuate an analog audio signal when it is in the 'path' of that signal and are not relevant to this application

written by: john

Sat, 1 May 2010 20:30:04 +0100 BST

Hi Yorgos, Mike

The pedal in and outs on the back of the Basestation Pro are designed to emulate an audio source, so that you can use any volume pedal, within reason, with them. It actually sounds as if Yorgos is doing the right thing, and there may be another problem, although Mike is quite correct, you do need to calibrate the pedals as most pedals vary wildly in their endpoints. Yorgos, could you give Aaron a call in customer services on Tuesday? He'll try to help you get this working. For your information, there have been a couple of reports of a software problem with the current Testing releases and pedals as well so it's quite possibly something out of your control, ie; our fault...

John

Please log in to join the discussions