Forum rss-feed

Forum

Help: Alpha, How do I record interacting with percussion keys?

Most Recent

written by: 0beron

Hi ollie, this used to be the case but since version 1.2.5 or so it is now possible to 'overdub' recordings and have several layers from one instrument. In the recorder controls (keygroup mode key + the key 2 keys above it), the fifth course has a new 3rd key which toggles from red to green according to whether new takes overwrite or overdub.

If you want to record onto the same instrument from 2 keygroups at a time this should work by arming the instrument in either keygroup, and then playing on both keygroups (no need for overdubbing).

written by: barnone

Fri, 23 Apr 2010 05:42:50 +0100 BST

I was able to record the other instrument groups fine but I had an issue recording my interaction with the percussion keys.

Is this possible?

I can start the metronome, choose the bar length, then how to I get the Alpha into a state where I can arm them?

Fri, 23 Apr 2010 09:48:25 +0100 BST

The percussion keys play either sampler 3 or 4, AU 3 or 4, or the cello etc, so if you load one of the normal keygroups with the same instrument as the percussion keys, you can arm that instrument with the keygroups recorder arm key. You can then switch that keygroup away from whichever instrument is also loaded on the percussion keys, but the percussion keys are then armed and ready. The arming is done on an instrument by instrument basis, not on a keygroup by keygroup basis.

Hope that helps.

written by: barnone

Fri, 23 Apr 2010 16:47:53 +0100 BST

Ah ha! Thx, I'll try that.

written by: ollie

Fri, 3 Dec 2010 17:09:16 +0000 GMT

...which means there's no way to have multiple concurrent recordings playing back on the same instrument without loading that instrument into multiple sampler or AU slots?

written by: keyman

Fri, 3 Dec 2010 23:37:47 +0000 GMT

To ollie.... If I understand correctly, you want to have multiple recordings on the same sampler, AU or instrument (cello, clarinet or synth) ? easy... Use the Scheduler Controls, (keygroup mode key 2 - on the ALPHA) allows quick and easy control over the playback of recorded takes.
By now it's even possible to overdub on a given loop/ recording...
Hope it helps, or ask again!

Keyman

Mon, 6 Dec 2010 12:22:25 +0000 GMT

Hi ollie, this used to be the case but since version 1.2.5 or so it is now possible to 'overdub' recordings and have several layers from one instrument. In the recorder controls (keygroup mode key + the key 2 keys above it), the fifth course has a new 3rd key which toggles from red to green according to whether new takes overwrite or overdub.

If you want to record onto the same instrument from 2 keygroups at a time this should work by arming the instrument in either keygroup, and then playing on both keygroups (no need for overdubbing).

Please log in to join the discussions