Forum rss-feed

Forum

Software: 1.1.2 This is much better

Most Recent

written by: Lowdene

Yes, great improvement. The separate plug-in scanning function seems to work well. I get quite a lot of failures, but nothing that I need, and now EigenD does not crash.

written by: barnone

Fri, 23 Apr 2010 05:38:37 +0100 BST

Hi, ok I'm late to the party but been without my Alpha for 3 weeks. I just installed 1.1.2.

I want to say....Nice work! This is a big step in the right direction.

You are starting to pay attention to OS conventions for the menus and such.

The AU/VST configuration is a lot nicer. In general smoother less erratic operation. I had a good experience, let's say that.

Eigenbrowser seems to work a lot better. Eigencommander has a proper commandline with feedback now.

Keep bringing more control in the UI such as being able to directly pull up and interact with the each plugin group without needing to activate it from the instrument.

Mixer groups and such on the Alpha are really hard to use...these need UI.

If the UI can work like a UI should without needing to pick up the instrument all the time, and if the instrument still allows control, we will be 100% there.

Anyway....had a great session and I appreciate the effort.

written by: mikemilton

Fri, 23 Apr 2010 13:16:32 +0100 BST

If the UI can work like a UI should without needing to pick up the instrument all the time, and if the instrument still allows control, we will be 100% there.

I think the trick is to work to be sure that the static stuff does not drive one to the instrument and the performance stuff does not drive you to the computer.

The challenges include:
- there is overlap which must work well both on the instrument and the computer
- the overlap differs with what the performance requires and the interests of the performer
- inputs from other controllers (and outputs downstream are desireable

So when do we see the Omega with oled key labels?... I'm waiting (hehehe).

written by: Tenebrous

Fri, 23 Apr 2010 13:45:52 +0100 BST

Optimus Maximus OLED Keyboard ;)

Fri, 23 Apr 2010 14:32:02 +0100 BST

I used 1.1.2 for a bit, but the fact it doesn't remember AU settings put me off so I went back to the unstable.

Mon, 26 Apr 2010 09:50:41 +0100 BST

I have never got past the AU validation crashing EigenD.... Removing the apparently offending AUs has not helped. In any case a validation program should have the behaviour of not validating incompatible AUs rather than crashing when it finds something it doesn't like.

written by: geert

Mon, 26 Apr 2010 09:54:13 +0100 BST

@Lowdene, right the validation isn't lenient enough, Eigenlabs told me that this is exactly what they've been working on last week, so it should be in the next testing release.

Mon, 26 Apr 2010 10:47:15 +0100 BST

Hi Geert, thanks for the update and good to hear. I've given up trying to get it to work and will wait for the next release. Regards, Nick

Mon, 26 Apr 2010 10:48:26 +0100 BST

@Lowdene, did you get 1.1.1 to work? What I did was use 1.1.1 to do the AU validation and then use the same files with 1.1.2, that got me past the validation for now.

Mon, 26 Apr 2010 17:23:37 +0100 BST

Um, yeah now I'm at the point that not saving the presets in 1.1.2 is a deal breaker. Hopefully we see a new version soon.

Mon, 26 Apr 2010 17:45:19 +0100 BST

Yeah, can't wait until this Audio Unit issues are fixed!

written by: john

Mon, 26 Apr 2010 17:49:50 +0100 BST

Joe's finally back from NY, still a little jet lagged but he's making great progress. I'll keep you all posted - we hope to make another Testing release later this week.

John

Mon, 26 Apr 2010 18:15:50 +0100 BST

Welcome back Joe! :-)

Jet lag going eastwards is a b*tch ... I'm still not 100% over mine from my San Francisco visit 3 weeks ago :-/

Mon, 26 Apr 2010 20:12:17 +0100 BST

Welcome back Joe - I can only imagine what a nightmare being stranded was :(

written by: BobThDog

Wed, 28 Apr 2010 12:56:42 +0100 BST

The validation crashes are pretty annoying to say the least.

The validation process should "remember" where it was up to in the process when it last crashed and disable the plugin it crashed on.

Even better the validation should be done in a separate OS process with communication from the eigen app, rather like Logic does it. Much more stable.

Cheers

Andy

written by: john

Sat, 1 May 2010 10:16:27 +0100 BST

Hi Andy

That's exactly how the new validation process works, with a couple of nice features thrown in. It's in the new Testing, which will hopefully make it out into the wild early next week (it's in internal test right now).

John

written by: BobThDog

Sun, 2 May 2010 07:56:22 +0100 BST

Hi John,

That's great news, thanks very much.

All the best

Andy

written by: gazgoldstar

Tue, 4 May 2010 11:16:02 +0100 BST

I am looking forward to the new release as I haven't managed to get past the Au validation process which is so frustrating as I am really excited about this new version too.

Fri, 7 May 2010 17:03:48 +0100 BST

1.1.4 This is great. Only tested a little this morning but performed really well on the Alpha. Plus I'm at the point where I really need to start building and saving my performance setups and the setup saving of presets, recorded patterns and AU settings was working for me.

This direction is good. Keep it up.

Sat, 8 May 2010 06:45:23 +0100 BST

Yes, great improvement. The separate plug-in scanning function seems to work well. I get quite a lot of failures, but nothing that I need, and now EigenD does not crash.

Please log in to join the discussions