Forum rss-feed

Forum

Software: Instruments & drum voices to different outputs?

Most Recent

written by: Tenebrous

Ahh, that makes a lot of sense. Thanks John :)

Tue, 20 Apr 2010 22:08:22 +0100 BST

Is it possible to select the output to be used for each instrument & individual drum voices?

I.e. send drum voice 7 through a USB audio device, and the rest through the default audio output? Or perhaps send Sampler 1 through one audio device and Sampler 2 through another?

Can we please put this on the wish list if it isn't already... although I'm assuming you can probably do this with the Workbench?

Thanks,
Tene

written by: geert

Tue, 20 Apr 2010 23:22:18 +0100 BST

Something like this is mentioned as a known bug in the release notes:
"Unable to select which channels to use for multichannel audio interface in Browser"

However, they probably mean the global two audio channels, you might want to submit a feature request to be able to do this per instrument.

Wed, 21 Apr 2010 08:52:18 +0100 BST

I'll do so if someone Eigenlabs-esque don't see & reply to this soon :)

written by: john

Wed, 21 Apr 2010 10:57:34 +0100 BST

The way to do this would be to create another drummer (drummer's outputs are stereo and individual outputs from voices are not route-able). You can create as many drummers as you like. There is a known issue at the moment which is that (as Geert says) one cannot route to multiple audio outs on an audio interface separately which means that you can only use multiple drummers as inputs to the built in mixer at present. This is on the list to be fixed - it's considered to be a bug, albeit a low priority one.

John

Wed, 21 Apr 2010 11:11:34 +0100 BST

Ahh, that makes a lot of sense. Thanks John :)

Please log in to join the discussions