Forum rss-feed

Forum

Software: Load setups from scratch

Most Recent

written by: geert

Ah yeah, I usually do that too by replugging the Pico :-)

written by: 0beron

Tue, 20 Apr 2010 10:50:44 +0100 BST

I'm aware that factory and user setups are loaded incrementally for speed, ie only the things that are different between setups are run. Is it possible to request a complete load of a setup from scratch? I was playing around with the language keys, and remapping keygroups on the Alpha, and managed to get the instrument stuck in choose mode. Loading a different setup didn't help, and even loading an older version of EigenD (1.0.14 instead of 1.1.2testing) didn't help, and ended up scrambling the keyboard even further. Eventually I found a keygroup that thought it was in choose mode and pressed one of the keys twice to quit choose mode and get back to normality (albeit with a single key in the keygroup). Reloading a factory setup then worked sufficiently to get back to normal.

A panic button of sorts that wipes everything and loads in a factory or user setup from nothing would be very useful during experiments like this, even if it takes a few minutes to run through everything.

Tue, 20 Apr 2010 10:58:19 +0100 BST

I just quit EigenD and restart it when this happens :-)

written by: 0beron

Tue, 20 Apr 2010 11:19:58 +0100 BST

Maybe I had something stuck in a hardware register on the alpha - quitting 1.1.2testing and loading 1.0.14 didn't cure the problem. Do I need to power cycle it to clear out anything on the Alpha itself?

Tue, 20 Apr 2010 11:21:26 +0100 BST

Ah yeah, I usually do that too by replugging the Pico :-)

Please log in to join the discussions