Forum rss-feed

Forum

Software: Canceling a Belcanto phrase

Most Recent

written by: 0beron

I've never run the script for the alpha to 'connect the interpreter' and yet the belcanto keygroup appears under the breath pipe in EigenD 1.1.2testing, and indeed in 1.0.14 as well (although you have to type blind since the commander doesn't include the staff view).

written by: geert

Mon, 19 Apr 2010 19:38:15 +0100 BST

Hi,

Thanks for the Belcanto information on the wiki. I've been trying to use it through the Eigenharp keyboard and am of course making a lot of mistakes. I often want to interrupt a phrase before it's finished since the previous words make no sense. I can't find a way to easily do this though, so I continue to aimlessly enter verbs until the sentence ends and Belcanto says it's invalid. This takes up quite some time.

Is there a way to recommence a sentence more easily when one makes a mistake?

Thanks,

Geert

written by: john

Tue, 20 Apr 2010 07:36:37 +0100 BST

Yes, you can say 'oops' (it's in the Lexicon) - you can say this or normally there's a dedicated Key for it. There's also normally a backspace Key defined in the language Keygroup, which is a real help. I'll ask Sam to write up the Interpreter input Keygroup mapping up today and post it on the Wiki.

John

Tue, 20 Apr 2010 07:39:40 +0100 BST

Thanks a lot John!

written by: sam

Tue, 20 Apr 2010 16:35:31 +0100 BST

Hi Geert,

I have created an article here on the wiki about playing Belcanto from the Eigenharp keyboard, including an explanation about the location of the 'oops' and backspace keys.

If you need any more information please let us know.

Sam
Eigenlabs Software Department

Tue, 20 Apr 2010 16:36:24 +0100 BST

Hi Sam,

Thanks a lot, that's extremely useful!

Geert

written by: 0beron

Tue, 20 Apr 2010 16:58:10 +0100 BST

I've never run the script for the alpha to 'connect the interpreter' and yet the belcanto keygroup appears under the breath pipe in EigenD 1.1.2testing, and indeed in 1.0.14 as well (although you have to type blind since the commander doesn't include the staff view).

Please log in to join the discussions