Forum rss-feed

Forum

Sounds: Using apple loops / .caf format

Most Recent

written by: aaronw

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your post, currently you can't transpose loops using EigenD. However you can use a DAW to import the audio file, transpose and bounce down again. You will then need to import the new audio file into Apple Loops Utility, add transient markers and tags, and save as a .aiff file. Then copy the new .aiff file to ~/Library/Eigenlabs/Loop

I hope that helps, if you need any more help please contact me on support@eigenlabs.com

Cheers

Aaron
Customer Support

written by: mikemilton

Fri, 9 Apr 2010 14:06:19 +0100 BST

Hint: Apple currently uses a .caf format for loops. If you have logic, you can load these into a track, open them in the sample editor and save them as aif files. This gives you access to all your jampack files included in Logic Pro or purchased individually. You may want to add tags in the apple loop utility as they are not saved. If anyone has a simpler conversion process I'd love to know it.

Also, pitched loops are tagged with a scale and key. You can sort on key in the loops browser or see both easily in the apple loops utility (audio>open in Apple loops utility).

What I do not know is how to transpose a loop and *save* it as a new loop. Any ideas? Also, it would be great if there was a way to do the transposition in EigenD directly and as easily as time stretching (ie: if EigenD read the key info and transposed into the presently selected key)

written by: aaronw

Mon, 12 Apr 2010 16:42:50 +0100 BST

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your post, currently you can't transpose loops using EigenD. However you can use a DAW to import the audio file, transpose and bounce down again. You will then need to import the new audio file into Apple Loops Utility, add transient markers and tags, and save as a .aiff file. Then copy the new .aiff file to ~/Library/Eigenlabs/Loop

I hope that helps, if you need any more help please contact me on support@eigenlabs.com

Cheers

Aaron
Customer Support

Please log in to join the discussions