Forum rss-feed

Forum

Software: 1.1.1-unstable release

Most Recent

written by: john

Hi Nick

We'll look into BFD2, seem like a bug in EigenD to me. FXExpansion have just kindly sent us copies of all their products for testing, so we're well equiped for that now.

Thanks for pointing it out.

John

written by: sam

Tue, 6 Apr 2010 17:06:48 +0100 BST

We have uploaded a new unstable release - 1.1.1-unstable - which can be downloaded here. New features in this release include:

* New EigenD user interface.
* New Audio Unit/VST Host.
* MIDI virtual source and destination.
* Addition of user setup loading via MIDI input.
* New version of the cello.
* Bug fixes.

For full details please see the release notes.

Sam
Eigenlabs Software Department

written by: 0beron

Tue, 6 Apr 2010 18:17:18 +0100 BST

This all looks really nice - good to see you've cracked the Cocoa AU issue, now I can update my Trilian install.

I'll try out the MIDI out to my VL70m and see if the MIDI bandwidth issues are sorted out.

Keep up the great work :)

written by: stuwyatt

Tue, 6 Apr 2010 20:27:47 +0100 BST

This is fantastic! Thank you Sam (and the rest of the team)

I've been playing with the AU configure settings, and have just realised that it is possible to set two different filters for each axis using +1 and -1.... meaning that I can have different filters for up, down, left and right... and also different filters depending on whether I blow in or out using the breathpipe.

:)

written by: catoro

Tue, 6 Apr 2010 23:27:52 +0100 BST

I'm not having such a good luck as you guys (I've already sent the crash report I'm getting)... it is just me or this version is slower when opening a setup?

I'´ve just doubled my RAM to 4 GB with a late 2008 macbook pro with the latest OSX and I'm not improving anything with this unstable version...

Cheers.

Carlos

written by: stuwyatt

Wed, 7 Apr 2010 01:00:32 +0100 BST

It was very slow during the first running of 1.1.1-unstable while it scanned for AU's and VST's... and when it finished, EigenD was very laggy and stuttery to the point that it was unusable. However, a reboot seemed to solve that for me.

I only have 2GB on my mac mini (2.26Ghz Core 2 duo), and it seems to work fine for me.

Have you tried rebooting?

Wed, 7 Apr 2010 01:02:48 +0100 BST

Nice to hear that Stu... in my case it was unbearable, the GUI of Moog modular didn't show correctly as for the rest of the Audio Units in my system... I'm doing a fresh install in order to see if this works, otherwise I'll stick to the stable version... sad though as this one looked really promising,

cheers.

Carlos

written by: fzzzy

Wed, 7 Apr 2010 02:56:55 +0100 BST

Awesome! This release looks GREAT. The new UI for setting AU parameters is excellent.

However, the Pico still doesn't seem to be sending poly aftertouch or channel aftertouch. Is this expected to work? I heard aftertouch works with the Alpha currently but not the Pico. Is this going to be resolved eventually?

written by: sam

Wed, 7 Apr 2010 13:11:37 +0100 BST

Hi all,

Carlos, thank you very much for your bug reports and crash log. We are looking into your problems but if you get any more crash logs we would really appreciate it if you would continue to send them to us - they are a big help.

Fzzzy, We are actually still having some issues with the poly/channel aftertouch in this unstable release, we are still working on it and will keep you posted on our progress.

Thanks again for all the responses - we are very grateful for your input.

Sam
Eigenlabs Software Department

written by: sfellner

Wed, 7 Apr 2010 13:20:15 +0100 BST

Thank you for this promising release! Lots of improvements, faster startup. I do like the direct access to Audio Units and the UI for AU Parameters.

Unfortunately, i can't set any custom values in the AU Parameter configuration grid. Clicking on the boxes just sets "1.0" or empty. Keystrokes, modifier keys, arrows, plus, minus, nothing helps. Did I miss something?
Maybe an issue with regional settings, e.g. floating number separator? I am running german version of Snow Leopard 10.6.3 on MB 31.

Minor suggestion: how about using different dock-icons for browser, commander and EigenD?

Keep up your excellent work!

Stefan.

written by: sfellner

Wed, 7 Apr 2010 13:29:08 +0100 BST

Sorry, did post too early.

It is possible to change the configuration grid values by dragging the mouse as stated in the release notes. RTFM...
Would prefer to change this values by keys though...

Regards

Stefan.

Wed, 7 Apr 2010 15:06:58 +0100 BST

Thanks Sam.. I'll give it a try tonight after the fresh installation ... i'll send any bug reports I can obtain.

You guys rock!!

Cheers.

Carlos

written by: Lowdene

Fri, 9 Apr 2010 21:26:31 +0100 BST

Crashes every single time on loading for me - gets to 57% of the AUs and always stops on BFD2

Nick

Fri, 9 Apr 2010 22:07:20 +0100 BST

Hi Nick

You've probably got a dodgy AU that's failing the validation in a nasty way. This has actually turned out to be surprisingly common, so we're probably going to take the batch validation on first startup out and make it an optional process in the next release. In the meantime, you may find that if you remove BFD2 (sorry, not sure what that is exactly) it'll go to completion.

John

Tue, 13 Apr 2010 06:47:27 +0100 BST

John, BFD2 is the highly popular drum plug-in from FXpansion. It validates on every other piece of software I have that validates AUs. I have it installed on two completely separate systems and the same problem occurs on each. I think it is therefore possibly a bit too simplistic to say that it is a dodgy AU. I have sent a crash report to Sam.

Tue, 13 Apr 2010 06:47:35 +0100 BST

John, BFD2 is the highly popular drum plug-in from FXpansion. It validates on every other piece of software I have that validates AUs. I have it installed on two completely separate systems and the same problem occurs on each. I think it is therefore possibly a bit too simplistic to say that it is a dodgy AU. I have sent a crash report to Sam.

Tue, 13 Apr 2010 06:57:23 +0100 BST

Sorry for the double post. Should also have said BFD2 also loads and works fine as an AU in previous versions of EigenD

Nick

Tue, 13 Apr 2010 17:28:27 +0100 BST

Hi Nick

We'll look into BFD2, seem like a bug in EigenD to me. FXExpansion have just kindly sent us copies of all their products for testing, so we're well equiped for that now.

Thanks for pointing it out.

John

Please log in to join the discussions