Forum rss-feed

Forum

Pico: Pico - Recorder & different bar lengths

Most Recent

written by: chlip

so.. crossing fingers, and finding new ways to walk the problem around =)

--
pete

ps. I love when the Gods answer so quickly =)

written by: Tenebrous

Mon, 5 Apr 2010 23:18:41 +0100 BST

Is there anyway of changing the bar lengths used by the buttons in the Recording Control? I mean the ones which are set to '1 bar record', '2 bar record' etc?

Is there a way of specifying a non-standard length (i.e. not on the buttons), for example 10 bars?

written by: sam

Tue, 6 Apr 2010 16:32:17 +0100 BST

Hi Tenebrous,

Thank you for your post. Currently the duration defined by the Recording Control keys is set in the Pico Factory Setup, however you will be given full control over the recording duration when the Workbench is released.

Sam
Eigenlabs Software Department

written by: Tenebrous

Tue, 6 Apr 2010 16:36:15 +0100 BST

No problem Sam, thanks for your reply!

Tue, 6 Apr 2010 17:59:40 +0100 BST

hello,

..and how about an option to record "from first note until mode key is pressed"? (like in traditional loop-machines?).

from the software point of view that would be one bar recording with tap-in based on first note played and tap-out on the mode key pressed, and would make our life so easy..

plus possibility to send the "end of the loop" via midi (e.g. foot-controler) as a bonus, please =))

dear Gods Of The Eigen, would something like this be possible? =]

--
pete

written by: john

Tue, 6 Apr 2010 18:11:15 +0100 BST

Hi Pete

It's on our list of features to implement. I want this too, it would make loop recording a lot more flexible. We're pretty maxed out right now with getting Windows out and then the Workbench and Stage, but I think we'll get to this later in the year.

John

written by: 0beron

Tue, 6 Apr 2010 18:14:28 +0100 BST

For looping, I'd like to add the following requests, or at least mention these things so that myself or another user can code these things up in future:

- Make first note triggering optional somehow, and then use tap-in via a key or via MIDI to start the recording. This means you can play an upbeat or an intro without it being recorded, and then start the loop at the correct point. Maybe this would require the first note played to mark the active instrument(s), so that you can for example arm 4 instruments, play an intro on two of them, hit 'record' somehow, which will start recording on the two instruments you have played notes on, and then leave the remaining two instruments armed to trigger recordings based on first note played.

- Make tap-out set the drummer tempo according to the number of bars set in the recorder controls. So if you setup a 16 bar recording, and play 16 bars at any speed, then tap out, you can fade in the drummer and it will match what you've played, without having to have the metronome click or any percussion playing at the start. Synching yourself to the drummer will be tough, but if the pre-fader-listen mentioned in another thread is implemented, then you can play along with the click without anyone else hearing it.

Tue, 6 Apr 2010 18:17:11 +0100 BST

so.. crossing fingers, and finding new ways to walk the problem around =)

--
pete

ps. I love when the Gods answer so quickly =)

Please log in to join the discussions