Forum rss-feed

Forum

Alpha: Alpha wall mount

Most Recent

written by: Tenebrous

I'd already seen quite a few similar hangers like the Amazon one... I would have thought the Alpha would have hung at an angle if you hooked it by the cutaway section.

Also I was worried that the Alpha would just slip out though if you hung it vertically at any other place along its length, obviously due to the sides being pretty much straight, but that could be solved by putting something lower down as a stopper, like the cup on the K&M stand.

Thinking about it, that's probably what I'm after, just a K&M / bassoon-like stand but with the instrument totally vertical and with a very small floor footprint... er, that you can put on the wall... ;)

Thanks for your input John :)

Wed, 31 Mar 2010 15:29:39 +0100 BST

I noticed from this pic that the Alpha slots onto a shaped metal widget to hold it onto the leather strap mechanism.

I was wondering if it would be possible to make something similar so you could wall-mount the Alpha in my home studio (lol, if it could be called that), instead of putting it on a stand? I imagine it would need the same shaped metal widget but with screws to bolt it to a wall.

written by: aaronw

Thu, 1 Apr 2010 19:50:09 +0100 BST

Hi Tenebrous,

Thanks for the suggestion and I have discussed it with our Design and Manufacturing teams. They think it is a nice idea but realistically don't think anything will be produced in the short term, I will add it as a design request though.

Cheers

Aaron
Customer Support

Thu, 1 Apr 2010 22:29:24 +0100 BST

Thanks for reading, Aaron. I can totally understand this being a rather rare requirement though :)

written by: john

Fri, 2 Apr 2010 12:40:39 +0100 BST

The middle mounting point is actually at the center of mass, so it wouldn't really be that suitable as a hanging point, unless you want to be able to windmill your Alpha on the wall!

I do think you could probably modify a guitar hanger (like this hanger at amazon) quite easily (by closing the side fingers in a little using a brute force / a hammer!) to hang the instrument from the cutaway at the very top. I might have a go at this myself, I'll let you know if that works. And in time it will be a nice accessory, but as Aaron says, I doubt we'll get to designing a dedicated hanger this year though..

John

Fri, 2 Apr 2010 21:14:27 +0100 BST

I'd already seen quite a few similar hangers like the Amazon one... I would have thought the Alpha would have hung at an angle if you hooked it by the cutaway section.

Also I was worried that the Alpha would just slip out though if you hung it vertically at any other place along its length, obviously due to the sides being pretty much straight, but that could be solved by putting something lower down as a stopper, like the cup on the K&M stand.

Thinking about it, that's probably what I'm after, just a K&M / bassoon-like stand but with the instrument totally vertical and with a very small floor footprint... er, that you can put on the wall... ;)

Thanks for your input John :)

Please log in to join the discussions