Forum rss-feed

Forum

Alpha: Shoulder strap bracket design

Most Recent

written by: 0beron

Has anyone else been having issues with the bracket on the Alpha shoulder strap? (The metal ball-joint assembly thing). The one I have seems to work OK, but if you tighten it beyond a certain point the ball lifts up to the point where it jams between the top two sections of the enclosing structure. When you detach it from the shoulder strap the ball doesn't fall back into the enclosure, remaining stuck there. You can unjam it if you're careful, but then reattaching the Alpha and trying to hold it still ends up jamming it up again.

I'm also a bit worried about the screwthread on the shoulder strap end, it seems to be slightly stripped already.

Am I just tightening it up too much? Should I expect the Alpha to remain reasonably still when on the strap, or should I still expect to support it slightly with one hand to keep its orientation fixed?

written by: 0beron

Mon, 22 Mar 2010 22:31:14 +0000 GMT

Has anyone else been having issues with the bracket on the Alpha shoulder strap? (The metal ball-joint assembly thing). The one I have seems to work OK, but if you tighten it beyond a certain point the ball lifts up to the point where it jams between the top two sections of the enclosing structure. When you detach it from the shoulder strap the ball doesn't fall back into the enclosure, remaining stuck there. You can unjam it if you're careful, but then reattaching the Alpha and trying to hold it still ends up jamming it up again.

I'm also a bit worried about the screwthread on the shoulder strap end, it seems to be slightly stripped already.

Am I just tightening it up too much? Should I expect the Alpha to remain reasonably still when on the strap, or should I still expect to support it slightly with one hand to keep its orientation fixed?

Please log in to join the discussions