Forum rss-feed

Forum

Pico: pico newbie... some questions please

Most Recent

written by: 0beron

Hi Paulo, the EigenBrowser operates in a slightly strange way - it is designed so that you can navigate it from the Pico itself rather than with the cursor. Down in the various modes of the Pico keyboard (Instrument/FX settings for example, there should be a page for that in your reference guide), there are browser keys, and pressing these when in the right mode will make the Eigenbrowser display a new set of options. You can then use the mouse, or alternatively one of the bottom keys of the Pico to select something from the list.

One of these browser keys is for loading Audio units, so the Eigenbrowser should give you a list of your installed AUs that you can choose from. All this is covered in the videos.

Post back if you have any other questions :)

written by: paolofanin

Wed, 17 Mar 2010 08:06:36 +0000 GMT

Hello I am Paolo from Italy and I have a Pico. Can you please help me with these questions?
I have read the booklets and seen the tutorials.. still it is not easy, for me, to change the settings on the Pico.

1) I installed the software. In the Browser I see only the DRUMS data... is this normal? There isn't a screen wth all the settings of the instruments in the software?
2) How do you use an AU with the Pico?
3) Another difficulty i am having is that the Pico is not stable under my hands but it moves when I press the keys, and this confuses me as I am a keyboard and piano player. Any suggestion for that?

THANKS

written by: catoro

Wed, 17 Mar 2010 08:29:33 +0000 GMT

Hello... the best way to solve your questions is to follow carefully the videos in the tutorial... all these questions are solved there.
This instrument has a new paradigm, so it is not like a keyboard that you plug in and start browsing the banks... however is not difficult to master and in this forum you will find cool people willing to help.
Check Geert's videos on his webpage and youtube and you will be doing incredible tracks in no time.
I'´ve got my pico last november and in my case it was a matter of a couple of days discovering the instrument and I was already doing cool stuff.

Cheers.

Carlos

written by: 0beron

Wed, 17 Mar 2010 10:37:54 +0000 GMT

Hi Paulo, the EigenBrowser operates in a slightly strange way - it is designed so that you can navigate it from the Pico itself rather than with the cursor. Down in the various modes of the Pico keyboard (Instrument/FX settings for example, there should be a page for that in your reference guide), there are browser keys, and pressing these when in the right mode will make the Eigenbrowser display a new set of options. You can then use the mouse, or alternatively one of the bottom keys of the Pico to select something from the list.

One of these browser keys is for loading Audio units, so the Eigenbrowser should give you a list of your installed AUs that you can choose from. All this is covered in the videos.

Post back if you have any other questions :)

Please log in to join the discussions