Forum rss-feed

Forum

Help: Pico, different sensitivity on different keys?

Most Recent

written by: catoro

@Thomas... nice to hear that you solved the riddle...

Cheers,

Carlos

written by: Yello0815

Thu, 11 Mar 2010 22:31:04 +0000 GMT

Hello,

I received my Pico yesterday and one thing that seems strange is, that some keys seem to be different regarding their touch sensitivity.
Well, I know that my fingers have different strength and that I am not trained yet, but hammering them all with the same finger gives a different response.
Do the keys have to sort of be "broken in", to behave properly? Will this change over time?

Regards, Thomas.

Fri, 12 Mar 2010 08:04:12 +0000 GMT

Based on this post and your problem with the bass volume I will suggest you to contact eigenlabs support. To the best of my knowledge none of these two issues have been reported in the forum.
There was a problem with the piano, but it was solvel long ago.
Just in case... use the latest version of eigend...
cheers.

Carlos

written by: geert

Fri, 12 Mar 2010 08:11:53 +0000 GMT

I never experienced any difference in key sensitivity, so it does sound like your Pico might have a problem. Best get in touch with Eigenlabs support, they will be able to help you out.

written by: aaronw

Fri, 12 Mar 2010 13:57:07 +0000 GMT

Hi Thomas,

Please do get in contact with me if you find problem the persists. You can contact me via email on support@eigenlabs.com or call on +44 (0)1392 823000

Kind Regards

Aaron
Customer Support

written by: Yello0815

Sun, 14 Mar 2010 23:59:19 +0000 GMT

Hello,

The problem with the key sensitivity was also caused by the weak bass response of the speakers in my MacBook Pro.

Keys at the top, playing lower notes, seemed to require a harder press to yield the same volume as keys more at the bottom.

Well, this is not true anymore when I use my headphones.

So, the Pico is not at all at fault, it is a problem of this kind of simple setup without external speakers (and the user who is slowly climbing up the learning curve).

Best Regards,

Thomas.

Mon, 15 Mar 2010 09:12:30 +0000 GMT

@Thomas... nice to hear that you solved the riddle...

Cheers,

Carlos

Please log in to join the discussions