Forum rss-feed

Forum

Pico: Splashed some spit between the keys...

Most Recent

written by: aaronw

Hi All,

Just to let you know there is a rubber membrane to protect the playing keys against moisture and dust.

If you have any questions or concerns please do contact me.

Kind Regards

Aaron
Customer Support

written by: benjamind2008

Tue, 2 Mar 2010 07:33:58 +0000 GMT

Yesterday I was pulling out and cleaning the spittle out of the breath pipe when a drop of it somehow managed to splash onto the Pico playing keys.

I wiped it off, but I'm sure some of the spittle got in between the keys.

To be sure, the Pico did some funny things for 5-10 minutes but then everything returned to normal. So I finished up the session and put it away yesterday evening, and plan on using it again tomorrow evening.

Is there any membrane protection of the circuits/key to protect against spit getting in between/under the key area? I'm hoping there is. I'm assuming this is always possible when cleaning the spit from the breath pipe. I've always exercised much caution when removing it, so this came as quite a surprise.

I was wondering if I should put it in some very warm air (like a gentle fan heater) to evaporate any possible saliva?

Any assistance would be appreciated.
Ben

written by: geert

Tue, 2 Mar 2010 07:58:29 +0000 GMT

I'm pretty certain that there's a protective membrane or something similar since I've heard John say that the keys are developed to withstand sweat and moisture from intensive stage usage.

written by: catoro

Tue, 2 Mar 2010 10:46:39 +0000 GMT

I guess the answer can only be verified by the eigenguys... I agree with Geert, there is a protective membrane in there somehow...

When cleaning, a good practice could be to direct the pipe input towards the floor... I really don't know if blowing hard in order to remove as much spit as you can thru the exit located at the bottom will damage the eigenharp and then I unmount the pipe and clean it following the procedure mentioned in the FAQ.

Cheers.

Carlos

written by: aaronw

Tue, 2 Mar 2010 16:59:59 +0000 GMT

Hi All,

Just to let you know there is a rubber membrane to protect the playing keys against moisture and dust.

If you have any questions or concerns please do contact me.

Kind Regards

Aaron
Customer Support

Please log in to join the discussions