Forum rss-feed

Forum

Software: Pico and Ableton Live 8

Most Recent

written by: carvingCode

If you use LoopBe, make sure you get the registered (paid) version. It is the only version that will properly handle the extra stream of data that EigenD sends out. FWIW: LoopBe worked just fine for me when I was running Windows - never a bit of problem.

written by: milesbeverley

Wed, 24 Feb 2010 10:18:56 +0000 GMT

I would like to use some of the software instruments within Ableton with my Pico. Has anybody had any experience on how to do this? Any suggestions?

written by: catoro

Wed, 24 Feb 2010 12:08:39 +0000 GMT

I did this first thing when I got my Pico in november... just connect the eigenharp via Midi and you will be able to play operator, simpler... you name it... just follow Geert's tutorial or the FAQs.

cheers.

Carlos

written by: milesbeverley

Wed, 24 Feb 2010 12:59:07 +0000 GMT

Ok thanks.

written by: adamb

Sun, 30 Dec 2012 11:38:03 +0000 GMT

With respect to the FAQ on this:

http://www.eigenlabs.com/wiki/2.0/Using_EigenD_with_DAWs/

Can someone help me on how to achieve this running Windows rather than MacOS,

Thanks in advance!

written by: MarkPowell

Sun, 30 Dec 2012 18:22:19 +0000 GMT

Hi Adam,
The key difference on Windows is that you don't get the ability to route MIDI within the PC as standard like you do on a Mac. To achieve what you need on Windows you'd use a third party app like Loopbe or MidiYoke; in summary, install LB or MY, choose it as the midi output from EigenD and also choose it as the midi input from your DAW. I don't use Windows for music any more (the ease of midi/audio routing being one of the main reasons I can't see me going back) but if you need a bit more info then let me know and I'll try to put together a bit more detail later.

Cheers, Mark.

written by: carvingCode

Sun, 30 Dec 2012 22:44:19 +0000 GMT

If you use LoopBe, make sure you get the registered (paid) version. It is the only version that will properly handle the extra stream of data that EigenD sends out. FWIW: LoopBe worked just fine for me when I was running Windows - never a bit of problem.

Please log in to join the discussions