Forum rss-feed

Forum

Sounds: More Sounds?

Most Recent

written by: geert

I concur, Trilian rocks big time! (so does Omnisphere)

written by: milesbeverley

Wed, 24 Feb 2010 10:04:39 +0000 GMT

I have just recieved my Pico and have been getting to grips with using it. Firstly I see that there are only 7 different sounds (2 of which needed to be downloaded from the web). I also see that I have installed about 5GB's worth of data onto my mac. Are there any more sounds which can be loaded through the Eigenlabs browser or is most of this 5GB just drums loops?

If there are only 7 different sounds supplied with the Pico then can someone recommend a good source for downloading more sound fonts? I am looking for some good wind instruments such as the saxophone and also some good guitar sounds.

I have also managed to load a few Audio Units. I would like to be able to use some the Apple Garageband sounds (saxophone, guitars, other wind instruments etc). Does anyone know which AU I need to load in order to be able to do this? The only AU's I see seem to be related to effects.

Lastly when I use the AU's is there a document/info I can use to map the breath pipe to an effect/volume etc?

written by: 0beron

Wed, 24 Feb 2010 10:53:42 +0000 GMT

I believe Geert has made a tutorial of how to hook up Garage Band, you can find that here:
http://eigenzone.org/2009/12/08/eigenharp-pico-playing-garageband-instruments/

With AUs, you need to bring up the GUI window for the AU you have loaded. I'm not sure how to do that on a pico but there should be a mode you can get to for browsing AUs, where one of the pico keys will open the GUI window on your mac. Once you have that, then the window ought to have a little grey button in the very top right hand corner. Press that and a drawer full of tickboxes should fly out. The rows are the various controls of the AU, such as volume, FX, sustain etc, and the columns are the controls of the pico. Tick the box in the row and column to hook up a pico controller to that parameter of the AU.

I'm not sure which column is which (on the Alpha I think the breathpipe is #3 - would have to check). Just try each in turn and see what happens. There should be a column for the breath pipe, for key pressure, key roll, key yaw, the strip controller etc.

Wed, 24 Feb 2010 12:58:41 +0000 GMT

Great Thank you. I will try that.

Wed, 24 Feb 2010 13:15:39 +0000 GMT

Here's the FAQ entry about the AU controllers:
http://www.eigenlabs.com/faq/eigend/how-do-i-route-the-eigenharps-controllers-eg-stri/

Mon, 1 Mar 2010 21:19:49 +0000 GMT

Thanks again. I am still a little lost on how to map the breath pipe to sounds I may have loaded into the Pico. For example I have loaded a flute soundfont into Sampler 1. I now want to map the breath pipe to the volume. I am unable to find any way to do this through the browser. I also can't use the trick of the grey button on the AU's. Where would I find this parameter?

I have also updated the software to the latest unstable release as I would like to use the scripts to minimize the sensitivity of the pitch bend. I have tried following the instructions in the PDF but going into Instrument FX for and then pressing button 16 (or button 12 depending on which part of the pdf you read) doesn't bring me to a script window in the browser. Any help? Thanks in advance...

written by: prstorms

Sun, 7 Mar 2010 18:22:23 +0000 GMT

I'm looking for "best of the best" sound options for my Alpha. I'd like to start with bass guitar and solo strings... can anyone recommend a product (AU or soundfont) that really gives a realistic "impersonation" of the original instrument? I'd been pointed toward Native Instruments as a potential source. Anyone had any experience with their products on the Alpha?

Thanks,
Pat

written by: barnone

Mon, 8 Mar 2010 05:32:16 +0000 GMT

Spectrasonics Trillian is pretty insane for bass guitar and also synth bass and lead.

All the samples here, eigenharp and monome are trillian.

http://www.vimeo.com/8644421

Mon, 8 Mar 2010 06:39:45 +0000 GMT

I concur, Trilian rocks big time! (so does Omnisphere)

Please log in to join the discussions