Forum rss-feed

Forum

Software: sending aftertouch for MIDI

Most Recent

written by: NothanUmber

Are the talker keys to enable poly aftertouch for the Pico already enabled in the current unstable Windows version?
Btw.: Do the agents have some kind of introspection capability that allows us to trace it's capabilities (which inputs/outputs exist, which verbs are supported etc.)

written by: barnone

Thu, 11 Mar 2010 23:21:14 +0000 GMT

lol. Ok that made me laugh.

"eigenharp hey pretty please aftertouch on hey do now k?"

written by: sam

Fri, 12 Mar 2010 16:18:26 +0000 GMT

Hi,

We are going to include the ability to enable and disable both channel and poly aftertouch via talker keys for the Audio Units and the MIDI outputs for all the Factory Setups in the next unstable release.

Many thanks,

Sam
Eigenlabs Software Department

Fri, 12 Mar 2010 21:47:02 +0000 GMT

Thanks Sam,

Great news. I hope you guys don't take the belcanto jokes too seriously. Laughing at myself fumbling with it as well since we are pretty in the dark about it.

If anyone wants a great Synth plugin that supports poly aftertouch, MOTO MX4 is amazing and there is a 30 day trial.

Chris

written by: fzzzy

Sun, 14 Mar 2010 17:50:03 +0000 GMT

Oh ok, so the Alpha currently sends aftertouch and the Pico doesn't, and this is a configuration bug. Good. I have a Pico, that's why I wasn't seeing aftertouch.

I still like my maxforlive solution since it's higher resolution and I can easily modify the parameters programmatically before sending them to a plugin.

I tried the standalone Bidule setup and got it to work. Since the Pico doesn't send aftertouch at the moment it wasn't of much use to me. However, since this method uses the standalone Bidule application, which is free, this seems like a very good solution for eigenharp users to get a bit of flexibility in how the eigenharp's parameters are routed to MIDI.

I tried MX4 and love it! MOTU has an offer to buy MX4 for a reduced price if I upgrade to Digital Performer 7, so I think I might just have to do that. I was in the middle of switching from Digital Performer to Ableton Live, mostly because of Max for Live, but Digital Performer 7 looks like it might be nice too. I wish Cycling 74 had a pure audio unit version of Max similar to how Plogue Bidule works.

Sun, 14 Mar 2010 18:34:30 +0000 GMT

Sweet...BTW I wasn't able to use Poly aftertouch with MX4 in Ableton because....Ableton strips out polytouch. Unbelievable. I just hosted MX4 in Bidule and problem solved.

written by: NothanUmber

Sat, 5 Jun 2010 11:58:01 +0100 BST

Are the talker keys to enable poly aftertouch for the Pico already enabled in the current unstable Windows version?
Btw.: Do the agents have some kind of introspection capability that allows us to trace it's capabilities (which inputs/outputs exist, which verbs are supported etc.)

Please log in to join the discussions