Forum rss-feed

Forum

Pico: Note overlay for the Pico

Most Recent

written by: catoro

I do have a related suggestion... I´ve been thinking that having a small protuberance on the 5 key will be great in order to feel that you are in the second octave (like the protuberances you find in the F and J keys on a QWERTY keyboard).
Or maybbe not in the key itself but in the opposite side of the strip (at this time I do have a small piece of take and I can play without seeing the keys).

My normal play includes a lot of hand change positions, I often find myself doing bass-like parts with the left hand but in some ocassions it just feel right to change and do them with my right hand.

I believe that there is no "classical" way to place the hands on the Pico and to be sincere I´m happy with this as I play the instrument the way that it feels right to me.

If you see my videos when I do solos I barely use my right hand for playing.

Cheers.

Carlos

written by: karmacomposer

Sat, 20 Feb 2010 21:28:19 +0000 GMT

Is there a way to find out what note is what in each scale?

I am having a terrible time figuring out what note is what without sitting at my keyboard and plunking each note and finding the corresponding one on the Pico.

As a keyboard/piano player (and not a reed or wind instrument player), I can get lost with the scales - it feels very foreign to me.

An overlay sheet I could print out would be really helpful - kind of a cheat sheet or cheat book approach.

Mike

written by: aaronw

Mon, 22 Feb 2010 17:23:29 +0000 GMT

Dear Mike,

We currently don't have anything like that but I will suggest it to our Marketing team. As a quick solution you could download a 'Quick Reference Guide' from the Tutorials tab which will give you a diagram of the Pico and you could just write the scale layout?

Regards

Aaron
Customer Support

written by: catoro

Tue, 23 Feb 2010 16:49:00 +0000 GMT

I do have a related suggestion... I´ve been thinking that having a small protuberance on the 5 key will be great in order to feel that you are in the second octave (like the protuberances you find in the F and J keys on a QWERTY keyboard).
Or maybbe not in the key itself but in the opposite side of the strip (at this time I do have a small piece of take and I can play without seeing the keys).

My normal play includes a lot of hand change positions, I often find myself doing bass-like parts with the left hand but in some ocassions it just feel right to change and do them with my right hand.

I believe that there is no "classical" way to place the hands on the Pico and to be sincere I´m happy with this as I play the instrument the way that it feels right to me.

If you see my videos when I do solos I barely use my right hand for playing.

Cheers.

Carlos

Please log in to join the discussions